And we're back!

Main Menu

4:20 in Vancouver

Started by crazy canuck, April 20, 2011, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2011, 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2011, 04:19:31 PM
Its that time of year again.  And for those who dont remember, my office is kitty corner to the main demonstration area.  This is the day I think that there is merit in BB's arguments regarding continued criminality of weed.

:yes:

All fucking potheads must fucking hang.

Strangulation fetish eh?  Kinky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on April 20, 2011, 07:45:41 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2011, 07:33:04 PM
It just annoys me that people talk about 'legalization and taxation', like that'll open up a wide new world of revenue.
It will certainly cut costs.

Plus, it will irritate the living shit out of the puritans, which is always a very good thing.  :)

You know, contrary to your expectations, spite actually makes a very poor basis for public policy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

German skinheads also celebrate 4:20. In my old hometown they'd have barbecues at the townlake during the 80s/early 90s.

Belated Happy Birthday, Adolf! :cheers:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2011, 10:50:26 PM
You know, contrary to your expectations, spite actually makes a very poor basis for public policy.

QuoteAll fucking potheads must fucking hang.

:hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2011, 10:53:29 PM

The cheap happy birthday decorations in the front really make that picture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2011, 11:00:29 PM

You'd think they could get a more inspiring portrait of the man.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Oexmelin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2011, 11:17:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2011, 11:00:29 PM

You'd think they could get a more inspiring portrait of the man.

Yes, I am sure there are no problems in Germany to get someone to print, or paint, a large, inspiring portrait of Hitler.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Duque de Bragança

German skinheads also celebrate 4:20. In my old hometown they'd have barbecues at the townlake during the 80s/early 90s.

The Dark Side of Itzehoe!

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 21, 2011, 02:22:11 AM

The Dark Side of Itzehoe!

No, Kellinghusen! ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 20, 2011, 11:20:40 PM
Yes, I am sure there are no problems in Germany to get someone to print, or paint, a large, inspiring portrait of Hitler.

Well, from the American flag I'd think that photo was taken in the U.S. ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy

Caption:
And therefore, comrades, I heartily recommend Eat, Pray, Love!

Caliga

What is that movie about?  Some Christian shit?  All of Princesca's wacko aunts were raving about it, so I assume it must be...
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

4/20 was a very disappoint.
We were prepared to deal with a public demonstration at headquarters in the morning from a group calling for a "Day of Action Against Extraction".
Unfortunately, the only ones that showed were two undercover officers.  Damned depressing.  We had the dogs and water hoses ready and everything.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 05:23:34 AM
What is that movie about?  Some Christian shit?  All of Princesca's wacko aunts were raving about it, so I assume it must be...

Considering how trendy the book was, I'd expect some kind of non-denominational humanist mysticism.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 05:23:34 AM

Lady goes to Italy and learns about eating, goes to India and learns about praying, and then goes to Bali and learns about loving.