How old were you when you stopped listening to Pop Music?

Started by Savonarola, April 14, 2009, 12:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Savonarola on April 15, 2009, 08:17:04 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 15, 2009, 08:12:21 AM
Edit: But in the end, I guess it depends on what you mean by "pop music"

That rap-metal crap you kids are listening to these days.
Did I just step through a portal to the beginning of the decade? (or late 90s even)
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on April 15, 2009, 03:24:31 PM

Did I just step through a portal to the beginning of the decade? (or late 90s even)

Maybe, Einstein and Rosen said it was mathematically possible.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 15, 2009, 01:46:00 PM
Oh the things I have to look forward to!  :lol:

Just think.  Only about 4 or 5 years away.  Do yourself a favour and dont buy Carl an Ipod - or whatever is being used at the time.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 03:29:40 PM

Just think.  Only about 4 or 5 years away.  Do yourself a favour and dont buy Carl an Ipod - or whatever is being used at the time.

Shit, by the time he's old enough you will probably merely need to wave your hand in the right pattern to pull (crappy preteen) music out of thin air.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Korea

Quote from: Malthus on April 15, 2009, 03:33:15 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2009, 03:29:40 PM

Shit, by the time he's old enough you will probably merely need to wave your hand in the right pattern to pull (crappy preteen) music out of thin air.  :lol:

You can already do it with funky facial expressions!
I want my mother fucking points!

OttoVonBismarck

My most formative years were in the 80s; I still listen to popular music from the 80s to this day.  Pretty much since I started listening to music I always liked stuff from the 60s-70s and then I was a big fan of many of the varied musical movements of the 80s.  I haven't really listened to much since that time.

Also from a young age I listened to a lot of stuff from the Baroque/Classical/Romantic periods--a by product of being baby sat by a grandmother who was older than time itself.

jimmy olsen

I still listen to it in the car sometimes, but I prefer classic rock.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on April 14, 2009, 12:28:19 PM
From one of the debates in the Katy Perry thread; I was wondering how old people here were when they stopped listening primarily to pop music.

I stopped listening to Top 40 radio when I was 16 in 1988 during the glory days of pop metal, The New Kids on the Block and Madonna.  I've never looked back.
about the same age, 14-15, I think, wich makes it about the same time as you :)

Started gradually with Bon Jovi, then Def Leppard, then Gun 'N Roses, then Metallica and it changed my life forevah' :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

BuddhaRhubarb

I've always listened to a bit of pop music here and there if a song or artist vibed with me. But I've never ever only listened to one genre. I've always been all over the map in terms of what I listen too. Interestingly Radio has played itself out for me. There is no good radio in Vancouver, except CBC.
:p