Things that were UNTHINKABLE in your youth, you can do now

Started by Pedrito, April 17, 2009, 03:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Hmm, let's see.  When I was young I couldn't grow a beard, I can now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2009, 12:13:00 PM
Hmm, let's see.  When I was young I couldn't grow a beard, I can now.

But you could think about it, right?  So it wasn't unthinkable.  :)

PDH

I am not sure I thought about it so it was at least non-thoughtable.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Though I suppose I'm just out of my youth I'm still jealous of todays kids and their damned broadband. Using the internet used to be a special priveledge for me. Downloading all you can today was unthinkable.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2009, 12:32:39 PM
Though I suppose I'm just out of my youth I'm still jealous of todays kids and their damned broadband. Using the internet used to be a special priveledge for me. Downloading all you can today was unthinkable.

:lmfao:

I remember thinking using punch-cards to print a Snoopy calender was simply awesome.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Pedrito on April 17, 2009, 03:26:56 AM
Some of them come easily to mind:
free and real-time communications with everyone who has access to the internet
visiting the Eastern Bloc countries

I visited Jugoslavia and Tsjechoslovakia in the 70's. Cheap vacation, only the visa took some time.

And I can remember we had phones during that time. So you could call other people who had phones. In some countries, some people couldn't talk freely by phone, but most could.

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on April 17, 2009, 12:41:37 PM

:lmfao:

I remember thinking using punch-cards to print a Snoopy calender was simply awesome.
Not something to be proud of :p
██████
██████
██████