Main Menu

Katy Perry hate - wtf?

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2009, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2009, 04:14:02 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:10:07 PM
You need to understand I live in the third world.  :D

Color me quite unimpressed.  So does this mean that you'll just explode when Poland gets Marc by Marc Jacobs?
Also, perhaps you should go shopping in first world countries?
With the current exchange rates? Sorry, but this option is temporarily: unavailable.

Besides, fashion's purpose (i.e. getting ass) is relativised to your environment.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:17:49 PM
With the current exchange rates? Sorry, but this option is temporarily: unavailable.

How is the pound against the zloty?

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:17:49 PMBesides, fashion's purpose (i.e. getting ass) is relativised to your environment.

Maybe, but many people like people who are trendy and ahead of the curve, so to speak.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:04:59 PM
How can you not love this song?

Honestly, I see the logic in claiming that this song is homophobic, and I'm a little surprised you would stick up for it in this way.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 15, 2009, 06:45:26 PM
Honestly, I see the logic in claiming that this song is homophobic, and I'm a little surprised you would stick up for it in this way.

Actually to me it comes across that she's dating someone who is clearly gay and he should just fess up.

Although I can also easily see that it could be using gay in the negative effeminate sense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2009, 07:18:33 PM
Who ?

(getting old is great, you get to ignore 'popular cultural' memes and act like a high court judge on hearing that some musical instruments use electricity)  :bowler:

Were you generally up to date when you went on your walks/bicycle shitting in the woods trips?

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 15, 2009, 06:45:26 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 04:04:59 PM
How can you not love this song?

*shrug*

Not every case of playing up to a gay stereotype must be homophobic, especially as the entire thing is clearly done in a tongue-in-cheek humorous way. And there is a stereotype and a stereotype, too. It's not like the song is about the stereotype of gays as disease-ridden, child-molesting perverts. And as far as the stereotype in the song goes, I know many gays who are like that (to some extent, myself included). I think it's a catchy, humorous little ditty which is satyrical, but not in a vicious or xenophobic way, imo.

garbon

I was sitting in my spanish class today when I realized I was wearing a Uniqlo shirt and an H&M jacket. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Iormlund

Do you guys learn actual Spanish over there Garbon, or just that Mexican nonsense?

On the original topic: who? My dance playlist is stuck on the 90s: KLF, Technotronic, Black Box and so on. I would hit her though. I love black hair.

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on April 16, 2009, 12:58:52 AM
Do you guys learn actual Spanish over there Garbon, or just that Mexican nonsense?

I have a Nicaraguan professor who is trying to teach us Castilian and Mexican.  In highschool it was strictly Castilian (when I was in Massachusetts).

katmai

On the original topic: who? My dance playlist is stuck on the 90s: KLF, Technotronic, Black Box and so on. I would hit her though. I love black hair.

:menace:
Mexico — Population: 109,955,400
Spain — Population: 40,491,052

You guys are the ones speaking antiquated language bub
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2009, 01:09:47 AM

Mexico population is so big only because they counted you and Jaron more than once. :P

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 01:43:06 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2009, 01:09:47 AM

Mexico population is so big only because they counted you and Jaron more than once. :P

Even more amazing since neither of us are in the country!

Martinus

Hey, who said my jabs have to make sense? It's not like my posts do, in general. :P

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 01:59:48 AM
Hey, who said my jabs have to make sense? It's not like my posts do, in general. :P

You have a point.

The Brain

Is Spexican more old-fashioned than Spanish, like American English and English?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.