News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Katy Perry hate - wtf?

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2009, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Iormlund on April 16, 2009, 12:58:52 AM
Do you guys learn actual Spanish over there Garbon, or just that Mexican nonsense?

On the original topic: who? My dance playlist is stuck on the 90s: KLF, Technotronic, Black Box and so on. I would hit her though. I love black hair.
Castillian I think, but it would make more sense to teach a Mexican dialect since there are a lot more of them and they're the people speaking Spanish most Americans are going to run into.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 16, 2009, 12:30:17 PM
Castillian I think, but it would make more sense to teach a Mexican dialect since there are a lot more of them and they're the people speaking Spanish most Americans are going to run into.

What?  You should be advocating teaching Puertro Rican dialects.  They are the TRUE Spanish speaking Americans.  You, sir, are a traitor to your people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2009, 01:09:47 AM
Do you guys learn actual Spanish over there Garbon, or just that Mexican nonsense?

On the original topic: who? My dance playlist is stuck on the 90s: KLF, Technotronic, Black Box and so on. I would hit her though. I love black hair.

:menace:
Mexico — Population: 109,955,400
Spain — Population: 40,491,052

You guys are the ones speaking antiquated language bub

And yet  the only thing you can put against the likes of Cervantes and Quevedo are Speedy González, el Chavo del Ocho, and that dude from The Simpsons. ;)

Savonarola

Quote from: Iormlund on April 16, 2009, 12:47:32 PM

And yet  the only thing you can put against the likes of Cervantes and Quevedo are Speedy González, el Chavo del Ocho, and that dude from The Simpsons. ;)

You forgot the greatest Mexicans ever:

I'm sure they could take Cervantes and Quevedo; I've seen them beat Dracula and the Wolfman.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Neil

If it's not in English, it's all equally worthless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Yo have you guys ever seen that Turkish ripoff of Spiderman where Spidey is evil and fights a bunch of luchadors?  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 03:05:02 PM
Yo have you guys ever seen that Turkish ripoff of Spiderman where Spidey is evil and fights a bunch of luchadors?  :lol:

I haven't, but it sounds fascinating.  What's it called?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

3 Dev Adam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Dev_Adam

I've seen it in its entirety and I can assure you that the Wikipedia entry, as hard as it may be to believe, is 100% accurate.

This was my favorite scene:
Quote from: WikipediaThe next scene concerns the horrific torture and execution of Mr. Director by Spider-Man. Despite the Director's pleas, Spider-Man's henchmen tie him to a pole while they put a long transparent pipe to his face. After that, Spider-Man releases two hungry guinea pigs to the pipe. The guinea pigs attack Mr. Director's face and slowly kill him in the most painful way.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 03:11:03 PM
3 Dev Adam.

I've seen it in its entirety and I can assure you that the Wikipedia entry, as hard as it may be to believe, is 100% accurate.

Quote from: WikipediaThe next scene concerns the horrific torture and execution of Mr. Director by Spider-Man. Despite the Director's pleas, Spider-Man's henchmen tie him to a pole while they put a long transparent pipe to his face. After that, Spider-Man releases two hungry guinea pigs to the pipe. The guinea pigs attack Mr. Director's face and slowly kill him in the most painful way.

I hope this is as good as it sounds.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2009, 03:13:25 PMI hope this is as good as it sounds.  :lol:

It's actually better than Turkish Star Wars, though for some reason Turkish Star Wars has gotten more attention.  I certainly loved the scene in Turkish Star Wars when Mr. Hero kicked the Darth Vader-guy in half with his magic tennis shoes, which they rendered by shading out the right side of the film.  :lmfao:

katmai

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2009, 01:09:47 AM

:menace:
Mexico — Population: 109,955,400
Spain — Population: 40,491,052

You guys are the ones speaking antiquated language bub

I'm sorry you poor uneducated Spaniards never heard of Paz or Fuentes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 03:11:03 PM
3 Dev Adam.

Awesome!  :w00t: It looks like it's available in it's entirety at video.google:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7634280864799169516

I'll see it this weekend. 

Caliga

I caught both movies on YouTube, but as I think they might (ironically) be copyrighted, they may not be up anymore.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2009, 03:17:12 PM

Carlos Fuentes?  Isn't that the guy that wrote 'The Buried Mirror'?  I have and enjoy that book.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 03:21:00 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2009, 03:17:12 PM

Carlos Fuentes?  Isn't that the guy that wrote 'The Buried Mirror'?  I have and enjoy that book.
That's him.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son