News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Katy Perry hate - wtf?

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2009, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so I seem to be starting threads about people hating on celebrities lately. Next step: A "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE :cry:" video?  :huh:

Anyway, so it seems Katy Perry is pretty much being burned in effigy by lots of internet queens and dykes for "I Kissed a Girl" and "Ur so Gay" songs, as they are apparently homophobic.

Wtf.

You may dislike the songs for artistic reasons (I personally like them) but isn't it like a bit overreacting?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:15:22 AM
You may dislike the songs for artistic reasons (I personally like them) but isn't it like a bit overreacting?

Wait - you're criticizing people for overreacting to claims of homophobia on the internet? :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Hatefests on the Internet are a disgrace.  Why cannot everybody embrace love like Languish has?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2009, 10:16:47 AM
Wait - you're criticizing people for overreacting to claims of homophobia on the internet? :huh:

:lol: Score one for Beeb.
and the horse you rode in on

Martinus

No, I am criticizing people for calling her homophobic for these songs.

Grey Fox

Who are these people, where are these people?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

:lmfao: Burn
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2009, 10:35:51 AM
Who are these people, where are these people?
Everywhere. Check the wikipedia entry of that song - that's what they are talking about when they talk about "reception" (that and the fact that Madonna loves the song).

Grey Fox

Our circle must be different then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

last week, he was criticizing pipple for hating on Madonna.

oooh look she loves the song. so it must be good.
humans were created in their own image

Caliga

I haved no idea who Katy Perry is.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Who the fuck is Katy Perry?

At any rate, gays are prone to panic and overreaction.  It's one of the things that makes them inferior.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 10:40:55 AM
I haved no idea who Katy Perry is.  :huh:
Where have you been for the last year? Her songs have been hits on the dance floor since last summer.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:44:19 AMWhere have you been for the last year? Her songs have been hits on the dance floor since last summer.

Not listening to modern dance music, that's where.  I'm not 19. :P
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points