News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Katy Perry hate - wtf?

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2009, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2009, 11:00:18 AM
Her music is pretty standard pop dance music, but the vocals are so tremendously over-produced and altered I have no idea what her real voice sounds like.

Isn't that the "in" thing these days?  Britney Spears's voice has obviously been electronically altered to an absurd degree... I assume it's because she sucks.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2009, 11:00:18 AM
Her music is pretty standard pop dance music, but the vocals are so tremendously over-produced and altered I have no idea what her real voice sounds like.

I've seen videos of her attempts to "perform" live...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2009, 11:02:37 AMI've seen videos of her attempts to "perform" live...

As long as she's better than Ashlee Simpson, who seems to still have a career ( :bleeding: ), she'll be fine.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2009, 11:02:37 AMI've seen videos of her attempts to "perform" live...

As long as she's better than Ashlee Simpson, who seems to still have a career ( :bleeding: ), she'll be fine.

They are more of the same.

Current Mainstream disposable pop diva : Lady Gaga
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 11:01:57 AM
Isn't that the "in" thing these days?  Britney Spears's voice has obviously been electronically altered to an absurd degree... I assume it's because she sucks.

Have you seen the video where they were able to isolate her voice in one of her concerts?  She was off-key & out of breath the entire time :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2009, 11:06:53 AM

Except that she does it out of utter ridiculousness. That wig is not the mark of someone serious.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

No.  :lol:

Really, I can't think of a single pop diva since Mariah Carey who has actually had a good voice, though like I said I don't follow "current" music.

Mariah Carey :wub: ... too bad she went nutzo.  I heard she's better now though.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2009, 11:10:10 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2009, 11:06:53 AM

Except that she does it out of utter ridiculousness. That wig is not the mark of someone serious.

Maybe, still disposable tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2009, 11:11:42 AM
Maybe, still disposable tho.

But of course.  That's why all the gays and dance stations latched onto her months and months before anyone knew who she was.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 11:11:09 AM
No.  :lol:

Really, I can't think of a single pop diva since Mariah Carey who has actually had a good voice, though like I said I don't follow "current" music.

Mariah Carey :wub: ... too bad she went nutzo.  I heard she's better now though.
Amy Winehouse has a good voice, too.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 11:11:09 AM

She married that man who is largely famous for his teen roles on nickelodeon. Of his relationship with Mariah he said it was amazing as he used to fantasize about her as a young teen. :bleeding:

MadImmortalMan

She strikes me as someone who produces comedy and satire through music. So, the music itself is not so much the point of it. It's amusing at first, but like any stand-up act its replay value is limited.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:54:45 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 10:50:47 AM
Anyway, when it comes to music, I have arrested development, or perhaps anterograde amnesia,  that kicked in on December 31st, 1989 or thereabouts.

Grunge = the day the music died  :mad:
The day we think music/art/literature/poetry/film died, is the day we get old. I plan to postpone this day as much as possible.
Remember that wisdom comes with age.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2009, 11:15:05 AMOf his relationship with Mariah he said it was amazing as he used to fantasize about her as a young teen. :bleeding:

THAT'S HOTT.

The Brain

Maybe you should stop listening to what people say, Mart.

I haven't taken in any new information in years, and I'm a happier man for it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.