News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Katy Perry hate - wtf?

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2009, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

They should be criticizing her for shitty music in general as opposed to shitty music with homophobic themes.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 14, 2009, 10:42:44 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 10:40:55 AM
I haved no idea who Katy Perry is.  :huh:
She had a couple of big hits last year.

:mmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAp9BKosZXs
Not availible in Canada, no doubt due to our lack of copyright laws.

The music label thinks it is being clever by blocking youtube, but the real threat to their business is the fact that I have a full-size CD press in my basement turning out full albums which I sell for $5 each.  All of the sudden, I'm a multi-millionaire and a living god.  I win, they lose.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 10:45:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:44:19 AMWhere have you been for the last year? Her songs have been hits on the dance floor since last summer.

Not listening to modern dance music, that's where.  I'm not 19. :P
No shit.  Grownups don't listen to bar music.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:44:19 AMWhere have you been for the last year? Her songs have been hits on the dance floor since last summer.

I'm not 19 either, but I know her music. :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:48:37 AM

I'm not 19 either, but I know her music. :P
Not a grownup though.

Caliga

Anyway, when it comes to music, I have arrested development, or perhaps anterograde amnesia,  that kicked in on December 31st, 1989 or thereabouts.

Grunge = the day the music died  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Her songs are no longer hits on the dancefloor...and while I found Ur So Gay to be amusing, I think she sucks. She can't sing and her I'm an individual attitude is :yawn:  I hope her 15 minutes end quickly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: PRC on April 14, 2009, 10:45:06 AM
They should be criticizing her for shitty music in general as opposed to shitty music with homophobic themes.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

P.S. Wasn't MPsellus running around screaming about this a bit back?

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 10:50:47 AM
Anyway, when it comes to music, I have arrested development, or perhaps anterograde amnesia,  that kicked in on December 31st, 1989 or thereabouts.

Grunge = the day the music died  :mad:
The day we think music/art/literature/poetry/film died, is the day we get old. I plan to postpone this day as much as possible.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2009, 10:52:54 AM
I wouldn't know - I don't read his posts. :(

Caliga

Personally I believe my extreme technophilia, as well as my love of current computer and console games, prevents me from succumbing to that Marti.  :)

Also, I'm not all that afraid of getting "old", but I would prefer to not get *old*.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2009, 10:52:54 AM
I think so.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2009, 10:54:45 AM
The day we think music/art/literature/poetry/film died, is the day we get old. I plan to postpone this day as much as possible.

Actually one of the hallmarks of being young is thinking genres of music you hate sucks.  Being old is when new things frighten you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Her music is pretty standard pop dance music, but the vocals are so tremendously over-produced and altered I have no idea what her real voice sounds like.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.