News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Fed Shutdown Poll and Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 04, 2011, 06:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to look better?

I think the teabaggers are right to destroy the budget, it's not in the constitution
16 (36.4%)
I stand with our beloved, sane and rational President
28 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2011, 05:39:31 PM
The numbers are real, there's no smoke and mirrors, no trillions of dollars of waste and abuse.
Nope, no waste and abuse, just 2.8% unemployment rate and 8.5% of GDP reduction in non-entitlement spending.

DGuller

Did Hansy take an early furlough? :unsure: His presence did make me realize what a horrible thing it would be for a government to shut down, and leave him with free time on his hands.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 07, 2011, 09:20:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 09:11:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 09:05:46 PM
Planned Parenthood is miniscule cuts in the big deficit picture.  But we know that niggers being allowed to get mammograms because they don't have healthcare isn't a miniscule issue for you Teabaggers.

http://www.blackgenocide.org
Well, to be fair Planned Parenthood was founded for the expressed purpose of exterminating negroes, the retarded, and other mongrel races. Not to mention Jews.

And the Republican Party once freed the slaves, busted the trusts and rail barons, and once understood the concept of fiscal conservatism.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2011, 09:43:29 PM
Did Hansy take an early furlough? :unsure: His presence did make me realize what a horrible thing it would be for a government to shut down, and leave him with free time on his hands.

Much like the battered wife that knows he only hits her because he loves her, he'll blame his unpaid spring break on the HNIC.  Its more comforting that way.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 06:35:45 PM
It's certainly more equitable.

Is it really more equitable to have a "fully funded" Medicare program that no doctor is willing to participate in rather than a partially funded insurance program?  Explain that to me.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 09:44:26 PM
And the Republican Party once freed the slaves, busted the trusts and rail barons, and once understood the concept of fiscal conservatism.

What can the Democratic Party claim? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2011, 09:36:55 PM
Nope, no waste and abuse, just 2.8% unemployment rate and 8.5% of GDP reduction in non-entitlement spending.

OK, you think the projection is too optimistic.  Then we need to come up with additional cuts or revenue enhancements.

You don't like the distribution of cuts.  Fine, come up with an alternative.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2011, 10:38:29 PM

OK, you think the projection is too optimistic.  Then we need to come up with additional cuts or revenue enhancements.

Ok, here is a DGuller plan.

I project that in two years, unemployment rate will be 1% and will stay there perpetually, and for the next 30 years, per capita real income annual growth would be 10%.  Unfortunately, tax rates will need to rise, since eventually we'll be swamped with budget surpluses, and we'll need to reduce the tax revenues.

Is my plan perfect?  No, of course not.  However, I'm putting something up for discussion, hopefully it will get the debate going.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on April 07, 2011, 10:46:59 PM
Ok, here is a DGuller plan.

I project that in two years, unemployment rate will be 1% and will stay there perpetually, and for the next 30 years, per capita real income annual growth would be 10%.  Unfortunately, tax rates will need to rise, since eventually we'll be swamped with budget surpluses, and we'll need to reduce the tax revenues.

Is my plan perfect?  No, of course not.  However, I'm putting something up for discussion, hopefully it will get the debate going.

As with Ryan's plan, it might be a good idea if we examined the assumptions in your plan.

Besides, I think Obama already proposed that plan.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2011, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 06:35:45 PM
It's certainly more equitable.

Is it really more equitable to have a "fully funded" Medicare program that no doctor is willing to participate in rather than a partially funded insurance program?  Explain that to me.

Yes, it is more equitable.

Hansmeister

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 10:21:48 PM

Fought a civil war to defend slavery, dressed in white hoods and lynched blacks, instituted and defended segregation, and topped it off by destroying black families and turning them into helpless wards off the state.

Jacob

With that kind of thinking representing the Republican Party, Hansmeister, it's a wonder that more Black people don't vote for you guys.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2011, 10:38:29 PM

The projection is based on immigration staying equal.  Realistically this would mean that immigration would surge as it did in the late '90s as well as labor rate participation increase that would probably keep unemployment aroun 4-4.5%. However, since the budget doesn't address changes in immigration law such as expanded h1b visas it basically shows what the unemployment rate would be if all else was equal. Since this seems to be the only criticism that the left is harping on that must they don't really have any substantive criticisms. The proposal doesn't game the CBO by forcing it to adopt unreasonable premises like obamacare, or simply ignore it like Obama's last budget which was laughable with it's phantom numbers.

DGuller

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 07, 2011, 11:57:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 10:21:48 PM

Fought a civil war to defend slavery, dressed in white hoods and lynched blacks, instituted and defended segregation, and topped it off by destroying black families and turning them into helpless wards off the state.
Of course, what you conveniently fail to mention the realignment since the Civil War.  Democrats eventually shed the racists when they fought for civil rights, while Republicans swooped in and picked them up.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Jacob on April 07, 2011, 11:59:40 PM
With that kind of thinking representing the Republican Party, Hansmeister, it's a wonder that more Black people don't vote for you guys.
How could they? They're trapped by a system designed by the democrats to prevent them from ever succeeding. They got hucksters like Jesse Jackson and al sharpton to keep them in line and to tell them that their only purpose in life is to vote democrat to keep the handouts coming.

And any black person who dares to wander off the plantation is subjected to the vilest forms of racism imaginable.