News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Fed Shutdown Poll and Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 04, 2011, 06:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to look better?

I think the teabaggers are right to destroy the budget, it's not in the constitution
16 (36.4%)
I stand with our beloved, sane and rational President
28 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Hansmeister

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2011, 12:10:07 AM
Of course, what you conveniently fail to mention the realignment since the Civil War.  Democrats eventually shed the racists when they fought for civil rights, while Republicans swooped in and picked them up.
Pure revisionist bullshit. You know what year the GOP first won a majority in the Southern congressional delegation?  1994. And the first time they won a majority of the southern state legislatures? 2010.

And of course it is the democrats who to this date still argue that blacks are inferior to whites and Shouldnt be held to the same standards.  Or to any standards as well. They completely infantilized the black population of this country. Just look at American cities which have been run by the democrats for generations and tell me that they have been well treated. Their families have been destroyed, their children stuck in schools designed by democrats not to educate the children but to funnel money thru union dues back into the democratic political machine. The late senator Patrick Daniel Moynihan had realized that four decades ago and warned about it to no avail.

In the meantime democrats like to talk about how compassionate they are because they're willing to steal money from group a to buy the loyalty of group b, what a hypocritical bunch they are.

grumbler

This thread delivers!  :lol:

Hansie in Full Froth(tm) mode is absolutely hilarious.  No parody is possible, because parodies take a position to an absurd extreme, and absurd extreme is where Hams starts, before he moves further into the loonie fringe.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 07, 2011, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 06:35:45 PM
It's certainly more equitable.
Is it really more equitable to have a "fully funded" Medicare program that no doctor is willing to participate in rather than a partially funded insurance program?  Explain that to me.
You can always legislate participation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 08, 2011, 12:26:20 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2011, 12:10:07 AM
Of course, what you conveniently fail to mention the realignment since the Civil War.  Democrats eventually shed the racists when they fought for civil rights, while Republicans swooped in and picked them up.
Pure revisionist bullshit.

That's not what Republicans at the time were saying.  They were explicitly saying they were picking up white southerners because Democrats had picked up the mantle of civil rights.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2011, 06:45:11 AM
That's not what Republicans at the time were saying.  They were explicitly saying they were picking up white southerners because Democrats had picked up the mantle of civil rights.

Really? They were explicitly saying that?  Quote?

Of course once the civil rights act was passed it was only a matter of time before southerners would abandon the democrats, though it still took 30 years for the GOP to make significant gains. Since support for segregation was the chief reason southerners supported the democrats in the first place its elimination meant that in the long-term other issues would start to dominate. Combine that with the democratic party's decision to remake itself after the '68 fiasco into a party of the left and the only surprising thing about the rise of the GOP in the south is how long it took.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 07, 2011, 09:17:09 PM
Wall street elected Obama, you dumb fuck.

:tinfoil:

Vintage Hans.  A couple of decent points mixed in with channeling some B.S. NRO talking points before final descent into nonsense.

Anyways Wall Street couldn't elect anything: it's just a couple million feet of Grade B office space and a few condo conversions.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 07, 2011, 11:57:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 10:21:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 09:44:26 PM
And the Republican Party once freed the slaves, busted the trusts and rail barons, and once understood the concept of fiscal conservatism.

What can the Democratic Party claim? :(
Fought a civil war to defend slavery, dressed in white hoods and lynched blacks, instituted and defended segregation, and topped it off by destroying black families and turning them into helpless wards off the state.

yeah they truly sucked, until the parties switched sides.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 08, 2011, 09:00:53 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on April 07, 2011, 11:57:02 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 10:21:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 09:44:26 PM
And the Republican Party once freed the slaves, busted the trusts and rail barons, and once understood the concept of fiscal conservatism.

What can the Democratic Party claim? :(
Fought a civil war to defend slavery, dressed in white hoods and lynched blacks, instituted and defended segregation, and topped it off by destroying black families and turning them into helpless wards off the state.

yeah they truly sucked, until the parties switched sides.

And then they both ended up sucking. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

We had an extreme ham once. Once of those gigantic Virginia salted hams. It was revolting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2011, 09:58:36 AM
We had an extreme ham once. Once of those gigantic Virginia salted hams. It was revolting.

How did you slice it?  My understanding is they're supposed to be sliced thin like prosciutto.

Caliga

Country ham is extremely salty; unless you really really love salt you should wash it (some people wash it in milk) before cooking.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Nancy Pelosi doesn't like Ryan's bill either. Says it will kill or otherwise harm millions of senior citizens. Of course it's very doubtful she read the bill, just pulled stats out of the air. I guess we could just pass the bill to find out what's in it, eh Nancy??   :P   

Man, she is a piece of work. I think she needs to get clear on what her talking points are. Can't cut anything - Armageddon will ensue!

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2011, 10:16:26 AM
Country ham is extremely salty; unless you really really love sale you should wash it (some people wash it in milk) before cooking.
You guys mean Pork!!  Pass the political pork, will ya!   :cool:

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2011, 09:58:36 AM
Speaking of extreme hams, this week I've been tackling a 3 pound can of extra-lean Polish ham.  Mmmmmm....