News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Fed Shutdown Poll and Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 04, 2011, 06:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to look better?

I think the teabaggers are right to destroy the budget, it's not in the constitution
16 (36.4%)
I stand with our beloved, sane and rational President
28 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Admiral Yi

Two very nice articles this week in Time on deficit reduction.  It's almost as if a debate is breaking out after the publication of Ryan's proposal.  :)

I tried to cut 'n' paste the Fareed Zakaria's article but Time's site has too much shit going on for poor little dialup me.

Fate

They still sell dialup services? Even my phone has broadband...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Fate on April 09, 2011, 06:33:31 PM
They still sell dialup services? Even my phone has broadband...

Admiral Yi is a Teabagger, which means he endorses The GOP's proposed cutting of the Rural Broadband Funding Initiative. So he's just walking the walk.  The Founding Fathers used 56k dialup, you know.

NO TAX DOLLARS FOR CONNECTIVITY SHUT IT DOWN

Razgovory

I'm disappointed.  I was hoping Hans and Siegy's pay would be delayed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2011, 06:50:13 PM

What about the collateral damage?  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2011, 06:44:52 PM
Admiral Yi is a Teabagger, which means he endorses The GOP's proposed cutting of the Rural Broadband Funding Initiative. So he's just walking the walk.  The Founding Fathers used 56k dialup, you know.

Are we actually spending money on that bullshit or is it just a retardo proposal?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2011, 07:51:54 PM

Are we actually spending money on that bullshit or is it just a retardo proposal?

You'll never find out now.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 09, 2011, 07:17:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2011, 06:50:13 PM

What about the collateral damage?  :mad:

Oh, it won't be permanent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2011, 11:50:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 08, 2011, 09:12:33 PMWhat's wrong with what I said?  :unsure:

Everything.

But "whore pills" stands out.

I fully support women's rights to buy whore pills with their own (or at least private) funds  :cool:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 08, 2011, 06:47:13 PM
If PP really does have sufficient funding from other sources I don't see the big deal. We are trying to make cuts, after all. I suspect it isn't true though.

Taking that one step further, taking PP out of the cycle would be a lot more palatable if it were just a mill for pills and abortions and not a major source of gynecological care for the underinsured or people in situations where insurance creates impossible red tape.  I've got some personal experience with this, where PP stepped in and helped get S treated for something before she needed to be hospitalized (BTW- uninsured/underinsured/insurance-unavailable hospitalizations cost the public WAY more than PP).
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

How is it bullshit? How do you think the country got electricity and telephone service? The Government made companies provide it. Broadband is just as valuable a tool today if not more then the telephone was 70 years ago.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2011, 10:32:59 PM
I fully support women's rights to buy whore pills with their own (or at least private) funds  :cool:
I'd think you would be more in favor of men being able to buy "whore pills."  :unsure:

Isn't that pretty much every male's dream?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2011, 10:49:57 PM
How is it bullshit? How do you think the country got electricity and telephone service? The Government made companies provide it. Broadband is just as valuable a tool today if not more then the telephone was 70 years ago.
I've never seen evidence that Federal rural electrification or telephone subsidies made sense from an economic standpoint. The studies I have seen indicate that the service would have been provided anyway as costs came down.  I suspect the same is true of cable TV (which was never federally subsidized, as far as I know, and reaches rural areas around here) and broadband.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 09, 2011, 10:49:57 PM

People who choose to live in non-broadband country only have themselves to blame.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.