News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So my Mom has gone crazy. Raz on the March!

Started by Razgovory, April 03, 2011, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on June 03, 2011, 06:56:09 PM
My best friend's girlfriend dumped him because of some Prince Charming she met online. He moved out, finished his degree, met this chick, fell in love, she moved in etc. Then almost a year later the ex calls him up out of the blue in order to patch things up. Evidently the Prince turned out to be a frog, so no part-time working bf to help pay for her sociology degree. When he politely declined to reconnect, she got mad for some reason.  :hmm:

Was Prince Charming a pro surfer?  I think I've seen that movie. :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 03, 2011, 06:24:25 PM
Heh. Her lifestyle trade-up fell through and now she's headed back to plan B. The fallback position.

Don't worry, there'll be another Plan A soon enough.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 03, 2011, 07:56:17 PM
Heh. Her lifestyle trade-up fell through and now she's headed back to plan B. The fallback position.

I hear you're at loose ends.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Evidently the Prince turned out to be a frog

I'd dump someone if I found out that they were secretly French.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2011, 12:25:59 PM
Evidently the Prince turned out to be a frog

I'd dump someone if I found out that they were secretly French.

I'd dump someone if I found out they were secretly Prince.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 03, 2011, 06:18:06 PM
She's your mom, be happy that you may get her back.  No one is perfect, but she's still your mom despite everything she's done recently.

Fuck that shit. Blood only gets you so far.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2011, 12:45:48 PM
What about someone who's openly French?

I've never encountered someone so vile.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Well, my mom is back home, and everything is returning to normal.  She's agreed to seek marriage counseling.  She didn't understand why we did some thing while she was gone.  Like changing the locks, or my dad getting a new bank account, or throwing away the dozens of pairs of old shoes she left while we were cleaning out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

You threw away a woman's shoes. That means war
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2011, 08:45:20 PM
You threw away a woman's shoes. That means war

I didn't throw them away.  Hell most of them are still in trash bags if my mom wants to look for them.  We have a massive backlog of trash to throw out now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on June 03, 2011, 09:07:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 03, 2011, 07:56:17 PM

I hear you're at loose ends.

When the fuck am I not.

Razgovory

A few days ago, I posted that I thought a crazy man was at the door.  It turned out he was just southern and selling some soap.  My mom bought some, what looked like a bottle of bleach.  For 70 bucks.  And she gave the guy my dad's debit card number.  Surprise, surprise, she found that the stuff didn't work.  :face: 

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2011, 10:50:33 PM
This is extremely distressing for me.  Last month, my mom left for her friends house (a female friend), to spend spring break.  That's not uncommon.  She's been visiting her best friend a lot lately.  Except this time, she doesn't come back.  She's been there for a month and isn't coming back. 

Does she have life insurance?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I don't know anymore.  The situation has changed since my original post.