News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So my Mom has gone crazy. Raz on the March!

Started by Razgovory, April 03, 2011, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2011, 08:14:49 PM

I think she's moving to close to where you are.  Mattoon. 

Heh... she's about 45 minutes away from us. Odd place to move in Illinois to restart one's political career. I would guess that you're correct on the boyfriend front, Raz.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Apparently she can take classes there, for her medical billing thingy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2011, 08:31:34 PM

That she can. There's a relatively decent community college there, as well as a good four-year school, too. But for the political world? Not so much.

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2011, 08:33:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2011, 08:31:34 PM

That she can. There's a relatively decent community college there, as well as a good four-year school, too. But for the political world? Not so much.

The union medical billing job was her political in, remember?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2011, 08:22:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2011, 10:15:50 PM
And yet you managed to yank up your kids at a moment's notice and make them follow your dreams to another state, so let's not, mmmkay?

Huh?  :blink:

You've got me confused with someone else. I lived with my ex-husband for three years after I left him. When I did finally move out, I bought a house no more than 20 minutes away. After another two years (and five years of the ex not bothering to parent), I moved about two hours away. My kids still visit their dad every other weekend, every holiday, and they spend the summer with him.

But good effort, there, Seedy. :thumbsup:

You didn't yank the kids up at a moment's notice so you and Max could go to school in another state with that whole Urbana debacle?  No? Nothing?  No bells there? 

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2011, 08:58:16 PM
You didn't yank the kids up at a moment's notice so you and Max could go to school in another state with that whole Urbana debacle?  No? Nothing?  No bells there?

Seedy fails geography. And time management.

Urbana, IL, nimrod.  :secret:

And I gave the ex six months notice. but sure.... a "moment's" notice....

CountDeMoney

Pfft, whatever.  The important thing to remember is you didn't even TRY to make your first marriage work.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2011, 09:23:27 PM
Pfft, whatever.  The important thing to remember is you didn't even TRY to make your first marriage work.

:lol:

Okay, Seedy. Just relax and pet your kitties.

CountDeMoney

PDH

All I can say is that when the spouse ups and leaves and take cash, whether it is 500 or perhaps (and who is to say how much) many times this, it sucks.  This in from personal experience.

That is a pretty good sign to get a lawyer and start the procedings for for themself.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2011, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2011, 09:23:27 PM

:lol:

Okay, Seedy. Just relax and pet your kitties.

An artist's rendering of the event...

Caliga

I agree with Seedy.  Urbana is in Illinois.  Chicago is in Chi-CAAAAAAAAAAH-goah.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I discovered that my mom claims she has a new job in Illinois waiting for her.  She's going to write about local politics for some online publication.  All for the princely sum of 200 bucks a month.  Still it's interesting since she knows nothing about the local politics of central Illinois and very little about writing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Legbiter

Sorry to hear that Raz. What's going to happen to you now? I mean, can your father pay your medical bills and keep a roof over your head on his own?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on April 16, 2011, 06:22:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Raz. What's going to happen to you now? I mean, can your father pay your medical bills and keep a roof over your head on his own?

Yeah.  I should be good for right now.  We will probably have to sell the house though.  I've been going out more lately, so that's good.  I really disturbed a lady today at the Walmart.  She was sitting in her truck and I saw she had a flier attached to the windshield and stop and read it.  I didn't see her because the window was tinted, but according to my dad she was visibly upset when a strange man walked up to her truck and stared at her intently.

So I may not be ready for prime time yet.