News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So my Mom has gone crazy. Raz on the March!

Started by Razgovory, April 03, 2011, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

1) if one has a flier on her car, one should except people to read it. You didn't see her there. Non-issue

2) do not mistake lack of routine with genuine inability

Razgovory

My Mom called my Dad tonight asking for money.  It really upset him.  It doesn't seem to dawn on her that he may not want to give her hand outs as she serves him divorce papers and hides out in Illinois.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2011, 10:54:56 PM
My Mom called my Dad tonight asking for money.  It really upset him.  It doesn't seem to dawn on her that he may not want to give her hand outs as she serves him divorce papers and hides out in Illinois.

You dad better hope Jimmy Carter doesn't get involved.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2011, 10:56:21 PM

You dad better hope Jimmy Carter doesn't get involved.
This phrase can apply to any situation, now that I think about it.

MadImmortalMan

Allow me to reiterate my position that I would not vote for your mother, and perhaps she might consider that a life in politics is perhaps not the best thing for anyone.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Well, now I'm really confused.  My mom want's to come back to live with us again.  She said being single wasn't as much fun as she thought it would be.  I'm rather conflicted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2011, 05:18:55 PM
Well, now I'm really confused.  My mom want's to come back to live with us again.  She said being single wasn't as much fun as she thought it would be.  I'm rather conflicted.

That takes balls. :mellow:

How does your dad feel about this?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

He's as confused as I am.  He said she can come back, but not if she's just going to run off again.  I don't think he could take it again.  It's been pretty hard on us.  However, she has lied to a lot recently, so we really aren't sure what to make of this.

Ed Anger

Hopefully your dad has his money secured.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Legbiter

Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2011, 05:18:55 PM

Best case: She's completed her Boomer quest for self-fulfilment. XP and loot have been gathered, time to head back home.

What? I'm back! Why the sour faces?  :huh:

Worst case: You'll know if it's this. Trust me, within a week you'll know.  :)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

She said she wants to go through marriage counseling, and yeah, we are keeping the money locked up.

DGuller

She's your mom, be happy that you may get her back.  No one is perfect, but she's still your mom despite everything she's done recently.

MadImmortalMan

Heh. Her lifestyle trade-up fell through and now she's headed back to plan B. The fallback position.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 03, 2011, 06:24:25 PM
Heh. Her lifestyle trade-up fell through and now she's headed back to plan B. The fallback position.

Yeah, apparently that happened.  I already posted her asinine plans.  I thought this might happen, her coming to her senses and realizing she's 55 not 25.

Legbiter

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 03, 2011, 06:24:25 PM

My best friend's girlfriend dumped him because of some Prince Charming she met online. He moved out, finished his degree, met this chick, fell in love, she moved in etc. Then almost a year later the ex calls him up out of the blue in order to patch things up. Evidently the Prince turned out to be a frog, so no part-time working bf to help pay for her sociology degree. When he politely declined to reconnect, she got mad for some reason.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.