News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So my Mom has gone crazy. Raz on the March!

Started by Razgovory, April 03, 2011, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on April 13, 2011, 11:38:52 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2011, 11:32:59 AM

Oh, I understand.  I simply have a difference in opinion.  I'm not of the opinion that familial bonds should be broken simply because it's inconvenient.

She left her husband, not her children. Mom moving away doesn't end the relationship with her adult children anymore than the adult children moving away does. It simply changes the dynamics.

I think it's well established that Raz is not an adult child.  He has needs.

QuoteAnd as a woman who's left her husband, I can tell you that there's more to her leaving your dad than it was just "inconvenient".

And yet you managed to yank up your kids at a moment's notice and make them follow your dreams to another state, so let's not, mmmkay?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: merithyn on April 13, 2011, 09:23:05 PM
Surely it hurts no one to be understanding of people going through a difficult time.

Balancing everything, it seems like mental acrobatics that Raz and Raz, Sr. don't need to be piling on top of themselves.  Are you also going to cram an explanation of kleptomania down the throat of everyone who's burgled by one?
Experience bij!

Capetan Mihali

I was told I'm in the schizotypal personality too, Raz.   :hug:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 14, 2011, 01:08:18 AM
I was told I'm in the schizotypal personality too, Raz.   :hug:

But were you told that by one of your multiple personalities? :P

grumbler

I find it amusing that everyone is willing to take sides and pick up the pitchforks based on the one-sided account given by someone who is a self-confessed mental patient.

I'd say this is a waste of lifespan that makes reading a Turtledove novel positively rational by comparison.

Express sympathy for Raz?  By all means, that's proper no matter what the circumstances.  Judge the mom?  That's nuttier than Raz.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2011, 07:01:13 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 14, 2011, 06:36:41 AM
Judge the mom?  That's nuttier than Raz.

I'd rather judge Meri.  :smarty:

Yes. Plus she makes her own laundry detergent. What a weirdo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2011, 07:58:45 PM
Any news?

I think she's moving to close to where you are.  Mattoon.  My dad still thinks she has a boyfriend.  Maybe she does, who knows.  I'm not keen on talking to her right now.  I expect the Divorce papers to come soon.  Dad said that my mom wants a "no fault" divorce, which tells me that she believes it's her fault.  In fact, her talk with my dad was quite amiable, and why not?  She's not getting a divorce because of some sort of grievance, she merely wants a political office and somehow sees this as a road to that.

In better news, my sister is getting married next month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

I don't think I would vote for your mom.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2011, 08:17:41 PM

She's much more liberal then I am, but then so is my Dad.  I'm actually the conservative one in the group.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2011, 08:20:34 PM

She's much more liberal then I am, but then so is my Dad.  I'm actually the conservative one in the group.

It's not that, it's more a stability thing. She seems like a loose cannon.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2011, 10:15:50 PM
And yet you managed to yank up your kids at a moment's notice and make them follow your dreams to another state, so let's not, mmmkay?

Huh?  :blink:

You've got me confused with someone else. I lived with my ex-husband for three years after I left him. When I did finally move out, I bought a house no more than 20 minutes away. After another two years (and five years of the ex not bothering to parent), I moved about two hours away. My kids still visit their dad every other weekend, every holiday, and they spend the summer with him.

But good effort, there, Seedy. :thumbsup:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2011, 08:21:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2011, 08:20:34 PM

It's not that, it's more a stability thing. She seems like a loose cannon.

It's possible she only seems that way to me because she hasn't given me all the information or is lying to me about some of the things.  Though the probably won't make you want to vote for her anymore.