News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UK Immigration Reform - Or Why Tories Are Scum

Started by Martinus, March 23, 2011, 06:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Doesn't it make sense to want people with ample resources to invest in your country?  How is that satanic?  It sounds like common sense to me.  It may not be wholey noble and full of bright light but hardly evil.  More money is potentially a  larger tax base to help fund services for the common Briton.

Dark Satanic mills?  Really?  Pure evil?  God your hyperbole is pathetic sometimes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on March 24, 2011, 03:04:40 AM
:lol:

Meanwhile, the center-party leader in Sweden wants to increase immigration from today's ca 100 000 per year to 300 000 per year, effectuating more or less a complete replacement of the population within less than two generations. Any doubts about something morbidly stupid and/or sinister is going on have been wiped away.

It amazes me so many people want to live in such a dark, cold, and dreary place as Sweden.  Tell your center-party we have plenty of space for people in Alaska if they run out of space.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Warspite

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2011, 01:16:40 PM
Doesn't it make sense to want people with ample resources to invest in your country?  How is that satanic?  It sounds like common sense to me.  It may not be wholey noble and full of bright light but hardly evil.  More money is potentially a  larger tax base to help fund services for the common Briton.

Dark Satanic mills?  Really?  Pure evil?  God your hyperbole is pathetic sometimes.

Rich people don't come to the UK to invest, or rather, they have not done so over the last twenty years. What we have had is rich people come to the UK to benefit from our tax regime. ;)

I am certainly not a soak-the-rich type, and I certainly have nothing against them being granted the right to spend three months a year in the UK and buy French luxury goods on Knightsbridge work in the UK, but what I do not approve of is the cutting out of an entry path into the British economy for a large number of hard-working and talented immigrants who are really what make London, at least, a culturally and financially richer place.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Valmy

Quote from: Warspite on March 24, 2011, 01:37:20 PM
but what I do not approve of is the cutting out of an entry path into the British economy for a large number of hard-working and talented immigrants who are really what make London, at least, a culturally and financially richer place.

Well what is the context for that?  Wanting to attract more Euros for those jobs?

Neil

'Culturally rich' is often a euphemism for 'crime-ridden and dirty', especially in Europe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Culturally rich to me means lots of attractive educated women in miniskirts who drink.

Slargos

Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2011, 02:35:16 PM
'Culturally rich' is often a euphemism for 'crime-ridden and dirty', especially in Europe.

What an amazingly succint description.  :hmm:

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

Meanwhile, the center-party leader in Sweden wants to increase immigration from today's ca 100 000 per year to 300 000 per year, effectuating more or less a complete replacement of the population within less than two generations. Any doubts about something morbidly stupid and/or sinister is going on have been wiped away.

It amazes me so many people want to live in such a dark, cold, and dreary place as Sweden.  Tell your center-party we have plenty of space for people in Alaska if they run out of space.

Oh, we'll not run out of space any time soon. Japan is similarily sized, and there's plenty more Japaneese than Swedes. The issue is whether Swedes are still Swedes if 90% are swarthy muslims.  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on March 24, 2011, 03:03:07 PM
Oh, we'll not run out of space any time soon. Japan is similarily sized, and there's plenty more Japaneese than Swedes. The issue is whether Swedes are still Swedes if 90% are swarthy muslims.  :hmm:

Well certainly if the whole point of your country is to be an ethnic nation state, why bother to continue to exist if that basis is removed? 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on March 24, 2011, 03:03:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2011, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: Warspite on March 24, 2011, 01:37:20 PM
but what I do not approve of is the cutting out of an entry path into the British economy for a large number of hard-working and talented immigrants who are really what make London, at least, a culturally and financially richer place.

Well what is the context for that?  Wanting to attract more Euros for those jobs?

"Middle England" is worried that we'll be swamped with foreign rabble. Because of EU membership we can't stop random East Europeans turning up. Because of rules about families and so on it's hard to reduce immigrants from the sub-continent. Rich people are just too attractive to turn away. So, the only way to placate the middle Englanders is to to stop highly qualified foreigners that we have no particular obligations towards.

It's insane of course.

The thing that really annoys me is the hypocrisy of these people. There can be few people worse than the British for turning up in other people's countries. Apparently 10% of the population is living abroad as we speak. If many more Brits move to LA it will become our second city after London  :D

I'm still hoping that the new restrictions will not prove to be very stringent or workable. But I'm disturbed by what the Londoners have said  :hmm:

Ed Anger

I noticed we are getting Gordon Ramsay. The lack of profanity on American television has been addressed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Lithuania does something similar. IIRC they just introduced it a year or two ago and caused a minor fuss in the way they advertised it as being able to buy an EU passport. The amount they require is quite a bit lower than 10 million.

I would have nothing against people being able to buy citizenship. Sure, its a bit unfair...but just think of the good things we can do with that money. And millionaires are hardly going to be drains on the economy.
However what this scheme involves is that they must merely have 10 million in a UK bank account- just sitting there. Once the time is up they can take it away and do what they will with it.

Quotas and most of the current rules tightening are retarded.

QuoteThe thing that really annoys me is the hypocrisy of these people. There can be few people worse than the British for turning up in other people's countries. Apparently 10% of the population is living abroad as we speak. If many more Brits move to LA it will become our second city after London 
Amusingly people who moan about immigration are well aware of this and love to use it to go on about 300k immigrants + 200k emigrants= net change of 500k! OMFG!!!!
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2011, 05:40:31 PM
I noticed we are getting Gordon Ramsay. The lack of profanity on American television has been addressed.

Our major triumph in this sort of thing was getting rid of Piers Morgan. There was talk about Jonathan Ross moving to the States as well, but that seems to have fallen through  :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 24, 2011, 05:46:39 PM
Our major triumph in this sort of thing was getting rid of Piers Morgan. There was talk about Jonathan Ross moving to the States as well, but that seems to have fallen through  :(
Dude has one BIG fucking head.  The hattiers of England must have wept at his departure.