News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UK Immigration Reform - Or Why Tories Are Scum

Started by Martinus, March 23, 2011, 06:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So apparently, Tories are proposing restrictions on immigration into the UK. There will be quotas, pay caps, restrictions on qualified workers coming in from outside of the EU (they would want to do the same to workers from the EU too but can't). If I am not mistaken, asylum seekers will also have a harder time getting into the UK.

All of this with one exception. In one area immigration laws actually are getting relaxed, making it possible to become a subject of Her Majesty after only 3 years. There is just one requirement: you need to have 10 million quid in a UK bank account.

Tories. Really?

So all you downtrodden, or hardworking, or escaping persecution, or skilled: keep out. All you fat Saudi magnates and arms trading African warlords, who kill their servants and torture women: come all in, we have many white whores for you.

Seriously.

No more Jerusalem. Let's build a lot of dark satanic mills.

I'm quite disgusted. The Labour may be two-faced assholes and bastards, but noone beats Tories in the pure, shameless evil.

Admiral Yi

Cancuckleheads have something similar if I'm not mistaken. :)

MadImmortalMan

Didn't we already have a thread about this? Something about chefs if I recall.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2011, 06:51:47 PM

Yep. They'll let you in if you have a sufficiently large bag of cash.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Well, I have lower standards for a mongrel nation composed of Injuns, criminals and Ukes.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2011, 06:57:59 PM
Well, I have lower standards for a mongrel nation composed of Injuns, criminals and Ukes.
And Chinks.  Lots of Chinks now. :)

Neil

Makes sense.  Why should the only people they let in be poor scumbags with no choice but to resort to crime?  Especially when asylum seekers are inherently immoral.

I recommend you quit being such a faggot, faggot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2011, 06:57:59 PM

:cool: God Bless Canada.

Quite seriously - I'm not sure why Martinus would object - it's not as if "investor class immigrants" are taking spots away from other classes.  And it's not merely having a large enough bag of cash - you have to invest at least $100k in a Canadian business to qualify.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2011, 06:56:02 PM

Yep. They'll let you in if you have a sufficiently large bag of cash.

We have something similar, IIRC. 

Anyway, wow.  What a huge overreaction, even considering it's from Marty.  Isn't it common sense to restrict immigration when unemployment is high??  The UK is long overdue in putting the skids on immigration; it's about time they acted.  I expect the trend to continue as the multi-culti mindset erodes across Europe. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

We should drop all borders and let people move around freely.

Except for Poles. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

So, the UK will restrict non-EU immigrants to enter, making my chances to find a job there if I ever wanted to increase?

YAY!

Slargos

:lol:

Meanwhile, the center-party leader in Sweden wants to increase immigration from today's ca 100 000 per year to 300 000 per year, effectuating more or less a complete replacement of the population within less than two generations. Any doubts about something morbidly stupid and/or sinister is going on have been wiped away.

Slargos

And besides, like Sarkozy they're merely pandering. I seriously doubt they have any real intent to implement these things.

They're simply afraid of what's happening all across Europe.

The winds, they are, a-changing and the french revolution will look like a sunday picnic when we're done.

Tamas

Yeah I guess the brown people were fun to have around when they agreed to do the dirty jobs you whites did not want to and opted to welfare instead. But now their number is out of control and suddenly the majority realizes the third worlders will not integrate by cleaning the toilets in Europe.

Well, a bit more seriously, I do subscribe to the whole struggle of civilizations thingie, and to me it looks like Western Europe is at the stage where the Western Romans were, when they kept accepting barbarians in to solve their problems, only to find they are replacing problems and not solving them.

Monoriu

I think both HK and Canada have something similar.  You are far more likely to become a citizen if you have loads of cash.