News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2015, 06:19:34 PM
Whenever I'm in Quebec I meet plenty of people whose first name is my last name. :lol:

Well, yes. It's like your Haitian or something.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Damn you guys were not kidding about the Maritimes and their love for the Liberals.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2015, 07:52:35 PM
Damn you guys were not kidding about the Maritimes and their love for the Liberals.
sweet sweet money for not working? What's not to love.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

If Ontario also voted Liberal in an united way like that we're going to get a Red Tide.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on October 19, 2015, 05:30:44 PM
Reports of pre-marked ballots surfacing with some consistency: https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/3pdudu/reports_coming_in_from_all_over_canada_premarked/
see, this is anti-Harper paranoia at its best.  If you take the time to reat through the CBC article, you will read this:
James Hale, a media adviser with Elections Canada, says there are no official reports of this happening in the riding.

"The procedure for dealing with a spoiled ballot is well documented," he said in a written statement.

"Although printing errors can, on rare occasions, cause ink streaking on the ballots, which are jointly bound in books."

Last week, a Vancouver teacher who voted in an advance poll was given two pre-marked ballots, which had black streaks next to the Conservative and Green Party candidates' names. Elections Canada blamed the instance on printing issues, calling it "extremely rare."
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on October 19, 2015, 04:43:28 PM

Eh, some people from the left are irrational. Same as some people from the right. I don't think a political ideology, per se, removes the brain power. There are idiots everywhere.
it's not about brain powers.  People from the left tend to more emotional in their decision taking than people from the right.  But there are right wing morons for sure, and lots of them.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josephus

Ontario and Quebec start reporting in 15 minutes...this is when we'll find out whether the the red tide is for real.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

If I have a Liberal MP, I'll think about emigrating to Belgium.

Liep

The liberals are red in Canada? Weirdos.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2015, 08:16:33 PM
so much for conservatives not being emotional :D

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2015, 08:16:33 PM

Crazy Ivan will build a fence to block you.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2015, 07:50:27 PM
So the question now is: Will these early results affect voting in the rest of the country?

We will know in minutes

Valmy

So what is your riding BB? One in Edmonton has already been called for the Conservatives.