News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Those Ontario numbers a inconsistent with other polls the show the Conservatives leading in Ontario.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Meanwhile a Bloc candidate, an 18 year old girl, to be 19 by the time of the election is in deep trouble regarding comments she made on the internet.

Did she wear a funny hat? No.
Did she refer to westerners as cowboys? No.
Did she call the Conservatives demons?  No, worst than that.
On the site Ask.fm, on the question "What would you bring with you in case the world got nuked (3 objects)" she answered: "My cell, a penis and lots of chips".
Oh, the calamity.  Bloc leadership met with her and her campaign manager for "serious talks".  Can't have anything like that at the Bloc.  Only the leader is supposed to make silly comments, certainly not a young candidate answering a stupid question when she was younger with no formal thoughts of going into politics.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Trudeau is now the only candidate with a sensible position concerning the deficit.

Great.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 27, 2015, 10:13:41 AM
Trudeau is now the only candidate with a sensible position concerning the deficit.

Great.

:huh:

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2015, 10:10:15 AM
Those Ontario numbers a inconsistent with other polls the show the Conservatives leading in Ontario.
Wasn't it Forum Research who made weird polls during the last election?  Or am I getting confused with another research firm?  :yeahright:

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2015, 10:16:23 AM

Great.

Both Mulcair & Harper have the crazy position that we must balanced the budget, in an economic slowdown, at all cost.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on August 27, 2015, 10:13:27 AM
Meanwhile a Bloc candidate, an 18 year old girl, to be 19 by the time of the election is in deep trouble regarding comments she made on the internet.

Did she wear a funny hat? No.
Did she refer to westerners as cowboys? No.
Did she call the Conservatives demons?  No, worst than that.
On the site Ask.fm, on the question "What would you bring with you in case the world got nuked (3 objects)" she answered: "My cell, a penis and lots of chips".
Oh, the calamity.  Bloc leadership met with her and her campaign manager for "serious talks".  Can't have anything like that at the Bloc.  Only the leader is supposed to make silly comments, certainly not a young candidate answering a stupid question when she was younger with no formal thoughts of going into politics.

An answer like that is funny in direct proportion to how hot she is.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

He's overstating the amount of trouble she is in.

Valmy

What is so controversial about wanting to take chips? Not gluten free?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2015, 10:25:24 AM
What is so controversial about wanting to take chips? Not gluten free?
it's a capitalist product ;)

Valmy

Ah ok that makes sense. FOR SHAME.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 27, 2015, 10:20:50 AM
He's overstating the amount of trouble she is in.
Front page of Lapresse.ca

QuoteIl a été impossible de parler mercredi à l'auteure de la liste d'«objets» pour le moins particuliers, mais le Bloc québécois confirme qu'il s'agit bel et bien de sa candidate. «On va avoir une discussion avec elle et son équipe de campagne», a laissé savoir le porte-parole Dominic Vallières. La jeune femme ne sera toutefois pas réprimandée, ajoute-t-il.
We will talk with her [...] but she won't be reprimended.

No huge trouble, but it's serious enough to:
a) Warrant an article in the front page of Lapresse.ca, this morning, it was the top story.
b) Infoman made fun of it
c) The Bloc's leadership is going to talk to her about this.

Imho, it's the kind of thing that should be ignored by any serious politician.  Duceppe should have just brushed it off saying something like "I like her sense of humor, now can we please get back to the real issues of this campaign, please?".

See, that should warrant a rant from angry Bloc supporters ;)

Journalist working on the top stories that matters to Canadians, again.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 27, 2015, 10:18:02 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2015, 10:16:23 AM

Great.

Both Mulcair & Harper have the crazy position that we must balanced the budget, in an economic slowdown, at all cost.

You realize that all the economic forecasts are for growth in the third and fourth quarters with over all growth in the fiscal year?  If all the economists are correct it is likely it is Liberals who are taking a "crazy" position of fighting a downturn which no longer exists.

Grey Fox

Yes it will grow if the gov. spends money to make it grow.