Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 09:32:50 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2015, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 08:34:28 AM
Heh this may be amusing - look up your postal code, and find out how some marketing wonks classify you.  :D

http://www.environicsanalytics.ca/prizm5

Edit: I got "Suburban Success", though where I live is hardly "suburban".  :P

I got 13, Asian Avenues.  Successful, middle-aged or older Asian families.

This works for Hong Kong? Or dod you use your old Vancouver Address?

I used my old Vancouver postal code.  We don't use postal codes in HK. 

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2015, 09:52:33 AM

Makes sense.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 09:53:19 AM

Makes sense.

I still remember my old postal code because (1) I said it so many times during those four years and (2) there are many people and websites that do not accept the idea that some places on Earth can function without postal codes.  So if some website insists that I input a valid postal code before I can proceed to the next page, I use that one. 

Barrister

I get Kids & Careers, and yes it is eerily accurate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2015, 09:55:51 AM

Makes sense.

I still remember my old postal code because (1) I said it so many times during those four years and (2) there are many people and websites that do not accept the idea that some places on Earth can function without postal codes.  So if some website insists that I input a valid postal code before I can proceed to the next page, I use that one.

[Some random guy in Vancouver] "Why do I keep getting marketing for freaky anime shit involving girls who turn into fighter jets with panties?  :unsure: "

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 09:58:51 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2015, 09:55:51 AM

Makes sense.

[Some random guy in Vancouver] "Why do I keep getting marketing for freaky anime shit involving girls who turn into fighter jets with panties?  :unsure: "

:P

I am surprised you still remember the basic premise of Strike Witches.  It really does bother you  :lol:

Now they have made a new anime with cute girls representing WWII warships.  This time without the panties showing.  Well, with only a few exceptions anyway :P

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

04 - Wealthiest non urban segment.  The description of the people living in this neighbourhood  was also eerily accurate.

Monoriu

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 01, 2015, 10:44:57 AM
04 - Wealthiest non urban segment. 

Same as me.  :lol:

Except I think of where I am as "urban".

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 10:47:33 AM

I live right next to a Provincial Park and one of the local ski hills is 5 minutes drive further up the hill so it is pretty accurate for me.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 01, 2015, 10:49:18 AM

I live right next to a Provincial Park and one of the local ski hills is 5 minutes drive further up the hill so it is pretty accurate for me.

In contrast, I live right next to a subway station entrance and Bloor Street - one of Toronto's two main streets, and shopping district crowded with restaurants, bakeries and the like - is literally one block away.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 10:52:33 AM

In contrast, I live right next to a subway station entrance and Bloor Street - one of Toronto's two main streets, and shopping district crowded with restaurants, bakeries and the like - is literally one block away.

I think we can graduate you to the "Wealthiest Segment" and not worry about the non urban part.  :D

They probably have categories based on distance from what they regard as "downtown".

Barrister

IS there a way to search out and read all the categories?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 01, 2015, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 10:52:33 AM

I think we can graduate you to the "Wealthiest Segment" and not worry about the non urban part.  :D

They probably have categories based on distance from what they regard as "downtown".

Naw, the wealthiest segment is "Cosmopolitan Elite". Try entering a bridal path postal code like M2L1C9.  ;)

We don't make it.  :cry: