News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Malthus isn't a good person?  Hey look just because he is a lawyer I....oh wait I get it now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 11, 2014, 07:02:05 PM
Interestingly....this morning radio said that polls were showing a slight possibility of a Liberal majority as NDP and Green supporters were moving to the Liberals. this evening radio said a new poll shows a dead heat between the THREE parties at 30 per cent.

Once again the Polling companies get it terribly wrong.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2014, 10:28:50 PM
Good grief.

Ontario is full of some really stupid people.

No just stupid Conservative politicians.  Promising to cut 100,000 jobs in a Province where unemployment is a major issue was dumb.  When you combine that with their failure do deal with their mathmatical error in calculating their 1 million jobs promise you get a result of the Conservatives losing an election they should have been able to win easily.

One hopes the Federal Conservatives are watching.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 10:58:11 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 11, 2014, 07:02:05 PM
Interestingly....this morning radio said that polls were showing a slight possibility of a Liberal majority as NDP and Green supporters were moving to the Liberals. this evening radio said a new poll shows a dead heat between the THREE parties at 30 per cent.

Once again the Polling companies get it terribly wrong.

Well the morning poll said there was a chance of a majority; but generally yes they were wrong.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 11:02:19 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2014, 10:28:50 PM
Good grief.

Ontario is full of some really stupid people.
No just stupid Conservative politicians.  Promising to cut 100,000 jobs in a Province where unemployment is a major issue was dumb.  When you combine that with their failure do deal with their mathmatical error in calculating their 1 million jobs promise you get a result of the Conservatives losing an election they should have been able to win easily.

One hopes the Federal Conservatives are watching.
I got the feeling that Hudak's campaign was crafted in large part based on the model of the American right.  Sure, public servants can be rather annoying sometimes, but there aren't too many people who like the idea of throwing 100,000 people out of work.  In a province where unemployment is a big issue, promising to add 1.5% to the unemployment rate right off the bat is bad politics.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PRC

What planet is Kathleen Wynne from?

crazy canuck

In a decision that will surprise no one the Northern Gateway Project has been approved by the Federal Government   First Nations groups are vowing to commence litigation to block the construction and the Province may have to be forced through litigation to issue necessary permits for construction.  It will be interesting to see if Enbridge can ever build this thing.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2014, 06:05:09 PM
In a decision that will surprise no one the Northern Gateway Project has been approved by the Federal Government
Yeah, nobody saw that coming :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

There are still many hoops to jump through before Northern Gateway becomes a reality.  These headlines may even be a piece of theatre for Washington, after all Northern Gateway requires an Asian consumer.

Grey Fox

Can't we seriously not build a damn refinery.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: PRC on June 18, 2014, 12:40:51 AM
These headlines may even be a piece of theatre for Washington.

Maybe for Americans deciding whether to proceed with Keystone but from the Canadian perspective American demand for our oil is dropping.  Access to a non American market is important.  From the Canadian perspective Northern Gateway is more important to develop than Keystone but both will be necessary.

crazy canuck

Can someone explain to me why Peter Mackay is a cabinet minister?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 20, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

He was leader of the PC Party when he agreed to merge with the Alliance (despite promising in writing during his own leadershop campaign not to do so).  Harper owes him a huge debt.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2014, 03:23:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 20, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

He was leader of the PC Party when he agreed to merge with the Alliance (despite promising in writing during his own leadershop campaign not to do so).  Harper owes him a huge debt.

Maybe but after so many screw ups one would think that debt is well past paid.