News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Malthus on October 07, 2013, 01:45:16 PM

She has some interesting stuff to say about gays, too.

As it turns out, she likes them even less tham she likes Muslims.  ;)

I always marvel at your ability at drowning a message by discrediting the messenger!  It must be your training as a lawyer... 

I wasn't talking about gays but about the detestable multiculti cult you obviously care so much about - and about its effects on a western society exposed to it to a far greater degree than Canada has so far - and of course about the fact that there are others than your 'typical racist/tribalist/primitive Quebecers' which are worried about multiculturalism and its toxic ramifications.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on October 07, 2013, 07:15:54 PM

I always marvel at your ability at drowning a message by discrediting the messenger!  It must be your training as a lawyer... 

I wasn't talking about gays but about the detestable multiculti cult you obviously care so much about - and about its effects on a western society exposed to it to a far greater degree than Canada has so far - and of course about the fact that there are others than your 'typical racist/tribalist/primitive Quebecers' which are worried about multiculturalism and its toxic ramifications.

G.

Your boy buggering subculture is probably not one they want to tolerate either.  The question is, would they side with you to eliminate the Muslims or with the Muslims to eliminate you.  In the end you'll both end up camps so I suppose it doesn't matter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

Tolerance of gays goes hand-in-hand with tolerance of other cultures.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2013, 04:15:16 PM
And sorry, I just don't see how letting my colleague wear his turban in court means Quebec is going to slip back into ultra-catholicism. :wacko:
if you make an exception for him, you have to make it for others too.  We already have schools, schools with public funds, teaching creationism because we made a deal with some religious group.  This has to stop.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on October 07, 2013, 07:07:35 PM
This charter project is one such attempt to define the borders of what is acceptable or not.  No matter what you personally think of Marois, her government as at least the courage to tackle that topic now instead of too late.
G.
this charter is about getting a 4-5% more votes in key ridings.  Let's not kid ourselves here.  It is most likely agains our existing Quebec charter, and against the Canadian charter too.  The opposition won't vote for it as it is and the PQ has said it will not make any compromises.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

So, Canada is spying on Brazil, and other countries.  To help our civilian industries, most likely.  More revelations are to come, apparently.

Now I understand why Harper took a hard stance against Russia for harboring Snowden.

So, what do you think?  Did we fail our moral obligation or something?

Ed Anger

Canada looks more manly now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on October 08, 2013, 08:14:47 AM
So, Canada is spying on Brazil, and other countries.  To help our civilian industries, most likely.  More revelations are to come, apparently.

Now I understand why Harper took a hard stance against Russia for harboring Snowden.

So, what do you think?  Did we fail our moral obligation or something?

Harper's Canada is not the do good Casque Bleue UN Mulroney's Canada. You and a many journos in Quebec need to realise that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

G.

It's the same message - that is, tolerance for those who are unlike the majority.

Side with the intolerant, and you can see what happens.

Also, someone who is willing to believe utter nonsense on this particular topic, like 'Obama is acting for Islam', is hardly the person you want to select for your spokesperson of 'see, other people in Europe think the way I do, so I'm not nuts'  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on October 07, 2013, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2013, 11:03:11 PM
What does that have to do with anything?  No religion mandates that you must have a ten commandments sign behind you while you work.
How do you know that?  Do you know every religion of the world, every Christian sect?

This judge certainly thought it had its place:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore
Had it been in Canada, you guys are telling me this would be acceptable... He believes it has its place, therefore it is ok?  It is a religious symbol like any other.

The fact that you dont see the irony here is telling.

Moore was as intolerant of other views and as prepared to impose his personal views of public morality as the authors of the Quebec Charter.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 08, 2013, 11:04:25 AM

Moore was as intolerant of other views and as prepared to impose his personal views of public morality as the authors of the Quebec Charter.
Yet, you want people like him to have a field day in the name of multiculturalism. Had Moore been a Canadian judge, you would rush to his defense in the name of tolerance.  After all, a public prayer and a crucifix in a town meeting are not problem, I don't see why adding the Ten Commandments to the mix would be anymore of a problem.  or else, you'll have to explain to me exactly where's the limit on religion and government.

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on October 08, 2013, 12:46:25 PMYet, you want people like him to have a field day in the name of multiculturalism. Had Moore been a Canadian judge, you would rush to his defense in the name of tolerance.  After all, a public prayer and a crucifix in a town meeting are not problem, I don't see why adding the Ten Commandments to the mix would be anymore of a problem.  or else, you'll have to explain to me exactly where's the limit on religion and government.

Your understanding of the arguments of the people you disagree with is pretty shaky.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on October 08, 2013, 12:46:25 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 08, 2013, 11:04:25 AM

Yet, you want people like him to have a field day in the name of multiculturalism. Had Moore been a Canadian judge, you would rush to his defense in the name of tolerance.  After all, a public prayer and a crucifix in a town meeting are not problem, I don't see why adding the Ten Commandments to the mix would be anymore of a problem.  or else, you'll have to explain to me exactly where's the limit on religion and government.

Viper, I think you should go back and re-read my post and consider what it really means.

Grey Fox

CC, call it the Charter of Values because it just seems you are referring to me, Viper & Drakken.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.