News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Neil on June 18, 2013, 03:36:42 PM
Yes, multiculturalism is bad.  But so is being a dick for the sake of being a dick.  And the second is what the francophones are guilty of.  YOU LOST THE WAR.  Just learn English.
I feel the love here.  It's hidden, but I feel it.  :hug:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Bob Rae quits the Liberals to focus on his role as negotiator for First Nations: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/06/19/pol-mp-bob-rae-quits.html

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

:lol: to the cartoon.

:lmfao: to Bob Rae.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

viper37

Some problems in Alberta, I hear.

Who would have tought?  Global warming really increase the risks of abnormal weather event.  I mean, wow.  ;)

http://www.lapresse.ca/photos/actualites/201306/21/12-10788-importantes-inondations-en-alberta.php

Here's a demonstration of Albertan engineering, building an entire city in a river bed.  Well, it does look that way...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

That poor cat.

It's a cat's worst nightmare - first a ride in the truck, then the truck sinks into the flood, and now muddy water everywhere!  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

It's not that abnormal. Floods like this happen once or twice per decade. This may be one of the worst though.

viper37

I don't know about Calgary, it's the first time i hear the city's been flooded.

But here...

This year was Quebec city, the lower part, and Ancienne-Lorette, submerged.
Last year was the Champlain Lake and Richelieu River area.
The year before, part of Rimouski, and the villages closer to the coast were flooded.

At some point, you got to take a hint when things like these seems to be more than distant memories your grandmother would tell you.

Josephus

Is this affecting you guys, BB, Neil?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

The pictures comming out of Calgary are terrible. Stay safe, guys.  :(

Maximus

Quote from: Malthus on June 21, 2013, 09:28:20 AM
That poor cat.

It's a cat's worst nightmare - first a ride in the truck, then the truck sinks into the flood, and now muddy water everywhere!  :(
:D Not a happy kitty

Malthus

Quote from: Maximus on June 21, 2013, 04:20:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 21, 2013, 09:28:20 AM
That poor cat.

:D Not a happy kitty

:lol:

Not a happy guy holding the unhappy kitty. Looks like kitty is making its unhappiness felt.  ;)