News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

One Conservative MP left the caucus today.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 06, 2013, 10:19:27 AM
But drug users are criminals! They should be in prison executed, not hospitals or clinics!
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

If you should ever have the misfortune of suffering a serious accident and if you should become addicted to the opiates the doctor prescribes for you to deal with the pain then Neil, I will put you up against the wall and put you out of your misery.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2013, 10:19:41 AM
One Conservative MP left the caucus today.

The beginning of the end for that detestable regime at last?  Pity the Liberals suck so much.  Perhaps we should try the NDP?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

And now I get an email inviting me to sign a Petition so that "special interests' dont open a site in my "backyard".

These people are testing my patience.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2013, 12:11:57 PM
And now I get an email inviting me to sign a Petition so that "special interests' dont open a site in my "backyard".

Well, it would be pretty inconvenient for you to have a safe injection site in your actual backyard. That said, I think it's unlikely, as the public transit situation isn't that good for actually getting the clients there.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2013, 12:37:04 PM

Well, it would be pretty inconvenient for you to have a safe injection site in your actual backyard. That said, I think it's unlikely, as the public transit situation isn't that good for actually getting the clients there.

That is true.  I wouldnt want it in my backyard.  Unless I could get them to also cut the lawn. 

I should look into this a bit more.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2013, 11:51:40 AM
If you should ever have the misfortune of suffering a serious accident and if you should become addicted to the opiates the doctor prescribes for you to deal with the pain then Neil, I will put you up against the wall and put you out of your misery.
I dunno.  I've had opiates before, but after I ran out, I didn't crave more or anything.  They really didn't feel like anything, but they were effective in dulling pain.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

I am not sure I can take your word for it.  Do you have some kind of doctors note or expert medical report that suggests you shouldnt be executed?

They say that denial is the hallmark of addiction and you seem to exhibit it in spades.

Neil

Do you live in an area that's prone to high levels of injection drug use?  Not Vancouver, which of course is, but your neighbourhood?  Or is this just people trying to muster opposition for the very concept of a safe injection site by spreading the fear that they might drop them in decent areas?

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2013, 12:50:20 PM
I am not sure I can take your word for it.  Do you have some kind of doctors note or expert medical report that suggests you shouldnt be executed?

They say that denial is the hallmark of addiction and you seem to exhibit it in spades.
If I am addicted, I've done a good job holding out for the last decade.

Besides, the mark of addiction isn't denial.  It's being dirty and poor.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2013, 12:57:53 PM

Do you live in an area that's prone to high levels of injection drug use?  Not Vancouver, which of course is, but your neighbourhood?  Or is this just people trying to muster opposition for the very concept of a safe injection site by spreading the fear that they might drop them in decent areas?

Its an email from the Conservative Party of Canada trying to drum up support for their new initiative. 

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2013, 01:08:38 PMIts an email from the Conservative Party of Canada trying to drum up support for their new initiative.

Is it of any use for you to let them know that you think it's a terrible idea?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2013, 01:09:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2013, 01:08:38 PMIts an email from the Conservative Party of Canada trying to drum up support for their new initiative.

Is it of any use for you to let them know that you think it's a terrible idea?

They simply assume that I am in favour of such a thing and the only option is to hit the link to electronically sign the Petition.

I think I will be writing my MP about this.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2013, 12:59:59 PM
Besides, the mark of addiction isn't denial.  It's being dirty and poor.
Rob Ford is neither.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.