News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

BTW, HVC, my niece is pregnant. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 10:49:56 AM
wasnt me I swear!

Guessing it wasn't planned?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on May 30, 2013, 09:39:38 AM
Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 07:14:09 AM
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford may have acknowledged existence of the alleged cellphone video showing him smoking crack cocaine the day after news of the video broke, the Toronto Star reported Thursday.

Look forward to reading your spins.

Meh. Ford's antics in replying to the scandal have convinced me he's guilty of something, and that the video story could well be 100% true.

That doesn't change the fact that the media is publishing all sorts of rumours without checking to see if they are true or not, or even if they are news if they *are* true. Example: Ford's brother sold pot 25-plus years ago - says some folks.

Exactly so.

Now, the fact that Josephus is spinning the reporters cred makes me think that he is the one that has the video.  At least that is what some guy told some other guy and I heard someone say it might be true.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on May 30, 2013, 10:51:47 AM
wasnt me I swear!

No...and if it comes out looking anything like you, I'm coming after you :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 30, 2013, 10:51:47 AM
wasnt me I swear!

No...and if it comes out looking anything like you, I'm coming after you :D
lets hope the baby doesn't, for both its and my sake :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Why is this news significant to HVC?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Two more staffers leave Ford's office.That's five of them now. You'd think they would stick with their poor, harassed yet innocent boss.

HVC

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 12:47:57 PM
Two more staffers leave Ford's office.That's five of them now. You'd think they would stick with their poor, harassed yet innocent boss.
political loyalty isn't the best gauge. Rats on a sinking ship look at them with disdain.

But ya, he's probably a crackhead.

Josephus

Another one left today. Lots of job openings at City Hall.

crazy canuck

I am finding myself less happy with the Conservatives.

I have no idea why they would want to limit disclosure of public sector salaries.  In this Province that sort of thing is now routine.

And now they are bringing in new rules which seem to suggest they are going to try again to close down the insite clinic.

You might find this odd but I see a connection here regarding a lack of stewardship over tax payer money.  The first issue has an obvious connection.  The second issue is also related because the insite clinic saves a lot of health care dollars for taxpayer in the form of preventing the transmission of infections and disease as well as preventing medical complications.  Not to mention the fact that the number of people seeking addiction treatment has gone up because of the clinic.

Colour me unimpressed.

Grey Fox

But drug users are criminals! They should be in prison, not hospitals or clinics!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.