News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Fair enough.

My scenario is more interesting, though.

Jacob

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 27, 2012, 08:27:12 AM
To my mind, the opposition is damaging its credibility on this somewhat. When the PM says he'll vote against it and that it is "unfortunate", it is time to sit down ...

Never ones to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity the Conservatives removed any chance of the NDP looking bad by today comparing the NDP concerns over keeping troops in Afghanistan to the lone CCF member to vote against fighting Hitler.  Who comes up with this stuff?

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2012, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 27, 2012, 08:27:12 AM
To my mind, the opposition is damaging its credibility on this somewhat. When the PM says he'll vote against it and that it is "unfortunate", it is time to sit down ...

Never ones to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity the Conservatives removed any chance of the NDP looking bad by today comparing the NDP concerns over keeping troops in Afghanistan to the lone CCF member to vote against fighting Hitler.  Who comes up with this stuff?

:lol:

Marty is a shoo-in for a second career - in Canadian politics.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2012, 03:51:36 PMNever ones to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity the Conservatives removed any chance of the NDP looking bad by today comparing the NDP concerns over keeping troops in Afghanistan to the lone CCF member to vote against fighting Hitler.  Who comes up with this stuff?

This is just to make is THINK they're incapable of manipulating the abortion debate to allow them to take the political centre...

... okay, I give up. You guys are right.

Josephus

So Jacob get a "mystery novelist" title, and I get called an "ideologue" for spouting more or less the same theory earlier.  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2012, 04:33:08 PM
So Jacob get a "mystery novelist" title, and I get called an "ideologue" for spouting more or less the same theory earlier.  :lol:

The difference is Jacob realizes his conspiracy theory is far fetched. ;)

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

What's going on around here? Everyone seems to be in a good mood. It's really out of character.

Mean, it is Friday and all but that happens once a week so that's not a sufficient explanation...

crazy canuck

We spent the week bickering but in the end realized there isnt all that much to disagree about?

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2012, 06:19:20 PM
We spent the week bickering but in the end realized there isnt all that much to disagree about?

This too shall pass.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2012, 06:19:20 PM

In the end, yeah. This bill's not going to pass, we all know it, so it's not really worth the fight.  :lol: