News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Alberta has 20,917 active cases of Covid-19 right now (basically all of them Delta).  By comparison Ontario has 5,851 cases - and three times the population.  That's more than the second wave peak and almost as many as the third wave peak (24,897).  Health Minister Shandro has resigned.

And yes - this is all the inevitable result of letting conservatives have power anywhere.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 21, 2021, 02:27:02 PM
Is there anyway for Cons to fix their vote inefficiency? Second election in a row they win more in the popular vote but are way behind on seats - and I'm assuming as conservatives there's no appetite for electoral reform :lol:

Not without dumping their Reform wing (the far right that split from the Progressive Conservatives and destroyed the one time big tent party), but that is essentially the party now, so no.

See BBs sarcastic posts for a good example of why.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2021, 11:53:37 AM
Alberta has 20,917 active cases of Covid-19 right now (basically all of them Delta).  By comparison Ontario has 5,851 cases - and three times the population.  That's more than the second wave peak and almost as many as the third wave peak (24,897).  Health Minister Shandro has resigned.

And yes - this is all the inevitable result of letting conservatives have power anywhere.

This is too serious for your right wing fuckery.  And of course it is the result of a conservative government catering to the hard right and refusing to create masking and vaccine mandates until it was too late.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on September 22, 2021, 06:30:13 PM
BB's potential future before he saw the light

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-supporter-yells-reporters-memes-1.3196052

What a jackass!

It's a good thing progressives never make asses of themselves in front of the media. :)

HVC

I agree progressives make asses of themselves all the time to :hug:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2021, 05:39:17 AM

"All the time"?  I call bullshit on the false equivalence, particularly in the context of Canadian and especially American politics over the last say 6 years.

crazy canuck

In related news

QuoteMore than 1,000 patients are being treated for COVID-19 in Alberta hospitals, pushing the province closer to the possibility of having to activate a triage system for critical-care patients.

The situation prompted the Alberta government to request federal help earlier this week to airlift patients out of the province.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-alberta-has-over-1000-covid-19-patients/

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2021, 10:40:38 AM
In related news

QuoteMore than 1,000 patients are being treated for COVID-19 in Alberta hospitals, pushing the province closer to the possibility of having to activate a triage system for critical-care patients.

The situation prompted the Alberta government to request federal help earlier this week to airlift patients out of the province.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-alberta-has-over-1000-covid-19-patients/

You know you really come across like you're gloating when you post this stuff.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2021, 10:42:02 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2021, 10:40:38 AM
In related news

You know you really come across like you're gloating when you post this stuff.

That is because you reject the thesis that the conservative government's need to pander to those who believe minimal government is best is at the core of the problem.

You don't like being reminded that your ideology is to blame.

edit: to remind you, you were the one who made stupid political joke about the disaster in your province.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2021, 10:38:14 AM

"All the time"?  I call bullshit on the false equivalence, particularly in the context of Canadian and especially American politics over the last say 6 years.

Just look at the greens leadership scandal in the last few month. everyone is dumb. now, some people's dumb has greater consequences, but angry old man yelling is a pretty low bar.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2021, 10:50:33 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2021, 10:38:14 AM

Just look at the greens leadership scandal in the last few month. everyone is dumb. now, some people's dumb has greater consequences, but angry old man yelling is a pretty low bar.

The Greens are progressives? 

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2021, 12:05:19 PM
They are leftist morons, doubled with a racist&elitist streak, so common among leftist parties worldwide.  Basically, it's like a Liberal Party that would not aspire to governance so they don't care how they look.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 23, 2021, 12:05:19 PM

Paul definitely sounded progressive to my ears at the leader's debate, though I don't know how representative she is of the whole party.

crazy canuck

Paul got into trouble because she her closest advisor went over the top pro-Israel during the crisis - not exactly the progressive stance here in Canada...