News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

For all you "Quebecers are treating Anglos like second rate citizens" type:

CBC.ca: I'm an anglophone Quebecer who voted Bloc Québécois. Here's why.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/i-m-an-anglophone-quebecer-who-voted-bloc-qu%C3%A9b%C3%A9cois-1.5332824

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on October 24, 2019, 07:07:46 PM
For all you "Quebecers are treating Anglos like second rate citizens" type:

CBC.ca: I'm an anglophone Quebecer who voted Bloc Québécois. Here's why.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/i-m-an-anglophone-quebecer-who-voted-bloc-qu%C3%A9b%C3%A9cois-1.5332824

Alright so we know now how one man feels.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I don't know if we treat them as 2nd rate citizens but we treat them better than how they treat francophones in the other provinces.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 25, 2019, 07:07:36 AM
I don't know if we treat them as 2nd rate citizens but we treat them better than how they treat francophones in the other provinces.

And this, ladies and gents, is an example of the rhetorical fallacy known as "tu quoque".  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Before you criticize my house, get your own in order.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 25, 2019, 08:16:31 AM

Inability to take criticism isn't a good trait.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

The source of the criticisms is important.

Fallacy is such a weird english word to me. While it's used often, I never quite remember what it means & have to look it up.

Zoupa

Quote from: Malthus on October 25, 2019, 08:05:50 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 25, 2019, 07:07:36 AM

And this, ladies and gents, is an example of the rhetorical fallacy known as "tu quoque".  :D

Truth hurts.

Zoupa

Quote from: Malthus on October 25, 2019, 08:23:50 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 25, 2019, 08:16:31 AM

Inability to take criticism isn't a good trait.

I love how you still manage to criticize Quebecers, even in a discussion about how Anglophones vote for Bloc Québécois lol. You're in the right profession, that's for sure.

crazy canuck

/non sarcastic/ can someone explain to this BC boy what the last few posts have been about.  I feel like I did watching the last Avenger movie  :D

HVC

Zoup's found a Anglo who voted bloc therefore all anglos are bad. Also English Canada apparently treats francophones as second class citizens.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

I said that Quebec treats it's anglophone minority very, very, very well & argued that RoC anglos have no standing to say anything, especially with the way they threat their francophone minority.

Rex Francorum

To rent