News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Oh Trudeau seems to be backing off on electoral reform.  Said something about how it wasn't as necessary now that the Liberals are in power and people like him. :rolleyes:

But I can't complain too much when he's doing the right thing, which is breaking his election promise.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 20, 2016, 01:12:55 PM
Oh Trudeau seems to be backing off on electoral reform.  Said something about how it wasn't as necessary now that the Liberals are in power and people like him. :rolleyes:

But I can't complain too much when he's doing the right thing, which is breaking his election promise.

Hey, it's 2016!

Election Reform was so 2015.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2016, 07:13:39 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2016, 10:49:43 AM
The Canadian people are so happy with our new government that Trudeau no longer feels the desire for change from the Canadian population now that is in power.  The people are so happy under his benevolent rule that everything is perfect now :)

And people voted for this moron...

I wish he would change the Constitution to make it so he can be leader for life.  :(
they don't need such drastic measures.  they have illegal financing at their disposal and the nearly unlimited government budget to make sure they never lack money to fill their coffers.  They did it for 12 years before they got caught the last time, so it's a good average.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Well if they do it for 12 years, I'll be just over 60 or so and ready to retire. At that point, I'll vote Conservative because I wouldn't want the government taxing my pension.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on October 20, 2016, 06:24:29 PM
Well if they do it for 12 years, I'll be just over 60 or so and ready to retire. At that point, I'll vote Conservative because I wouldn't want the government taxing my pension.
By any chance, did you grab one of these 1500$ ticket for a meeting with our finance minister?  I would have love to hear what he had to say :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on October 20, 2016, 11:25:06 PM
By any chance, did you grab one of these 1500$ ticket for a meeting with our finance minister?  I would have love to hear what he had to say :)

I work in newspapers. Do you think I can afford a $1500 ticket for anyting?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on October 21, 2016, 09:13:51 AM
Quote from: viper37 on October 20, 2016, 11:25:06 PM

I work in newspapers. Do you think I can afford a $1500 ticket for anyting?
well, the Liberal Party is a people's party, they even abolished the required 5$ to hold a membership card.  I figured, being such a benevolent party, with the interest of all Canadians in minds, they would pick a figure that is affordable to most Canadians.  I thought it was pure coincidence that a poor Quebecer like me would be excluded from such meeting, on the basis of being, well, being from Quebec and being poor. :)

viper37

See I was right on the spot :)
Citizenship removed for fraudulent case?  Doesn't apply to organize crime :)
Michel Torre avoids deportation, strikes a deal for 2 more years in Canada

He was born in Italy, came to live in Quebec during his teens.  He worked for the Cotroni family, was eventually sentenced for drug trafficking.  Canada has been trying to deport him since 2013 for his criminality, but now the Trudeau government is gonna legalize his situation on "humanitarian grounds".  Yeah right.  Liberals and mafia, always there to support one another :)

Expect more cases like that to surface as the journalists finally start digging.

Grey Fox

I don't understand why you hate the mafia so much.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 25, 2016, 01:34:51 PM
because they vote Liberal.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on October 25, 2016, 01:57:59 PM

Is Viper so self-aware that this is a joke, or so all-consuming in his Liberal hatred that he can't see the obvious humour? :unsure: :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2016, 01:59:12 PM

Is Viper so self-aware that this is a joke, or so all-consuming in his Liberal hatred that he can't see the obvious humour? :unsure: :lol:
the first one :)   seems appropriate to answer a joke by a another joke :)

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on October 25, 2016, 02:12:04 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2016, 01:59:12 PM

the first one :)   seems appropriate to answer a joke by a another joke :)

In that case it was a good one. :thumbsup: :lol:

Grey Fox

because they are one & the same.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 25, 2016, 09:42:24 PM

because they are one & the same.
well, there was Gagliano whose name surfaced in an italian trial.  You might be on to something there ;)