News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 30, 2015, 01:08:16 PM
I would not trust the forming of a government or not to any 74 year olds.

:(

Under our constitution there is no getting around that fact.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 30, 2015, 01:08:16 PM
I would not trust the forming of a government or not to any 74 year olds.

:(

I'd rather trust it to a 74 year old former law professor than to either of the CBC personalities who preceded him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

I asked around at work today, and basically what CC said is what I've heard. Yes, as BB said, Harper as the guy with the most seats, gets first dibs. But GG gets to decide whether Harper has the support of the House. The NDP and Libs can make a lot of noise early on and cast doubt. However, they also have to show that they can unite and form a government. If they bicker, the GG may have no chocie but to give Harper the government.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Monoriu

It seems to me that the anti-conservatives have split their votes over two major parties. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on October 01, 2015, 07:47:27 PM
It seems to me that the anti-conservatives have split their votes over two major parties. 

It is like that ideology triangle from HoI.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ancient Demon

It would be hilarious if the Conservatives somehow end up with another majority government. I know people who would go nuts if that happened.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Barrister

Quote from: Ancient Demon on October 01, 2015, 10:52:14 PM
It would be hilarious if the Conservatives somehow end up with another majority government. I know people who would go nuts if that happened.

We can only hope. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I wonder, if that happen, will Harper finally buy some fucking Boats?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on October 01, 2015, 10:52:14 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. I said from the get-go, that due to the way our system works, it wouldn't be at all surprising.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 02, 2015, 08:26:39 AM
Bringing Chretien back was always going to be risky but who could have foreseen he would say Canada should welcome Russian involvement in Syria...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/chretien-says-the-west-should-support-russias-intervention-of-syria/article26624740/?service=mobile

:lol:

It's like manna from heaven for the Cons.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 02, 2015, 07:26:57 AM
I wonder, if that happen, will Harper finally buy some fucking Boats?!
we don't need new boats, the fleet was redone in the Liberal years, they have lots of friends in the maritime industry.
What wee need are new submarines and new airplanes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Canada should free-ride on the US/NATO.  Just keep a boat or two in case Denmark wants your islands.  The rest of the military can go. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on October 02, 2015, 09:16:08 AM
Canada should free-ride on the US/NATO.  Just keep a boat or two in case Denmark wants your islands.  The rest of the military can go. 

Don't listen to Mono he has second class Canadian citizenship :angry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."