News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on June 07, 2024, 11:08:33 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 07, 2024, 10:33:08 AMTo be clear in this post you said it would be hard to document specific acts.  But that is exactly what has now happened.

Yes. Fair enough. I look forward to learning more of the details in due time.

The time is now.  Just read a newspaper.  We know the details.  The only thing we don't know are the names of the people who did it or the names of the foreign agents they did it with, just that they were agents of India and China.

crazy canuck

Folks, you can either buy an actual newspaper or if you wish to remain digital you can subscribe to an actual newspaper.

If you did so you would know that the details of what occurred have been released and even summarized in the intelligence report.

The intelligence report itself is even online, so those saying they want to make their own judgments should get reading.

Jacob

I like your contributions much better when they're not a variation of "you're (all) fucking stupid."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on June 08, 2024, 09:45:41 AMI like your contributions much better when they're not a variation of "you're (all) fucking stupid."

Ok, but our society as a whole is definitely suffering because it is forming it's opinions and in turn its politic based on social media.

I think that is fairly summarized as people are becoming fucking stupid.

Orwell got a lot of things right.  But the thing he got wrong is the state did not have to exercise its power to dumb us down.  That we did to ourselves-willingly.

Grey Fox

I don't think it's willingly at all. It's the logical conclusion of Reaganomics, a thing fiscal conservatives have been working tirelessly for the past 40 years.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2024, 08:22:50 PMI don't think it's willingly at all. It's the logical conclusion of Reaganomics, a thing fiscal conservatives have been working tirelessly for the past 40 years.

:rolleyes:

I mean - if that's your thesis, go and expand on it.  But just saying 'it's all Reagan's fault' is on par with Tyr saying everything is Thatcher's fault.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2024, 09:27:59 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2024, 08:22:50 PMI don't think it's willingly at all. It's the logical conclusion of Reaganomics, a thing fiscal conservatives have been working tirelessly for the past 40 years.

I mean - if that's your thesis, go and expand on it.  But just saying 'it's all Reagan's fault' is on par with Tyr saying everything is Thatcher's fault.

I thought it was all Trudeau's fault?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

It's the left vision of the world, insisting on egalitarianism.

Dumbing down education to the point where you pass even when you should fail because it's unfair.  Promoting educational advancement regardless of merits because it's discriminatory. All that kind of stuff.  Everyone is a CPA now.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 09, 2024, 05:48:10 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2024, 09:27:59 PM

I thought it was all Trudeau's fault?

I am certainly not a fan (of either Trudeau)_ but I don't think that's been my go-to response around here.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2024, 01:48:45 PMI am certainly not a fan (of either Trudeau)_ but I don't think that's been my go-to response around here.

NO, wasn't implying it was. More of a comment on the standard response on social media to anything.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2024, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2024, 01:48:45 PMI am certainly not a fan (of either Trudeau)_ but I don't think that's been my go-to response around here.

NO, wasn't implying it was. More of a comment on the standard response on social media to anything.

:hug:  Understood.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on June 10, 2024, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 10, 2024, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 10, 2024, 01:17:00 PMEveryone is a CPA now.

Hey, low blow!
:P
I should have went for that instead of finance. :) 

Never too late to join the fold :hug: . Would have been easier 10 or so years ago, though, before the merger :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

The diminishing funding of institutions thus eroding the public trust into them is  what got us here
Quote from: viper37 on June 10, 2024, 01:17:00 PM
It's the left vision of the world, insisting on egalitarianism.

Dumbing down education to the point where you pass even when you should fail because it's unfair.  Promoting educational advancement regardless of merits because it's discriminatory. All that kind of stuff.  Everyone is a CPA now.

The diminishing funding of institutions thus eroding the public trust into them is  what got us here.

Not Harrison Bergeron.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.