News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2022, 10:14:14 PMWhy would Canada need Russian oil? Don't they produce far more than they could ever use domestically?
That's why it's boycotted.

We likely import russian gaz though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

So this is a social media report at this point - from investigative journalist Heidi Cuda - but if true it's pretty cool.

It's claimed that the person responsible for coming up with the idea of the various Central Bank freezes, of circulating the idea, and getting banks on board is Canada's own Chrystia Freeland. If so, massive props to her.

QuoteWhy @cafreeland is my new hero and why she is about to be yours as well.

I have stayed very close to Martin Sheil, retired IRS criminal investigator, during our war and here is his latest:

"Let me take a moment and tell you who in my opinion just won this war!"-Martin Sheil

1/

"There is a lady from Canada by the name Chrystia Freeland. I believe she is some kind of Deputy Prime Minister or some such.

She is in fact cutting Russia's economy down to the size of Zimbabwe.

She has an extensive background in Economics."-Marty

"@cafreeland came up with the idea of cutting off Russia's Central Bank and their rainy day fund that was intended to be used as an economic buffer.

"She was the one who circulated the theory among prominent Central Bankers in the Western world and fought for it." Marty Sheil

"I don't know if the timing of its activation was intentional or serendipitous, but it turned out to be sublime.

"Putin was caught with his pants down. The Russian stock market has been closed for the week."-Marty Sheil

4/

"Please note—it was only after this particular sanction maneuver was announced that Deripaska and Fridman and some other oligarchs started publicly squeaking.

"Chrystia Freeland is my new hero—after you of course.
But spread her name from the rooftops Heidi!"-Marty Sheil

5/

https://twitter.com/Heidi_Cuda/status/1498770380231639042?t=toUhZaAEG6BN-YmjJ-Xssw&s=19

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2022, 10:09:09 AMWe are an lng exporter
net exporter.  Doesn't mean we don't import anything.

If we export 1000 tons of liquified natural gaz and import 500 tons, we are a net exporter. But we do import.
Energir (among others) imports gaz from I don't know where, but not all of it comes from the West.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

if true about Freeland, it's very good.  I'll wait independent confirmation. :)

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on March 01, 2022, 08:08:50 PMif true about Freeland, it's very good.  I'll wait independent confirmation. :)

Agreed on both counts.

Jacob

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on March 01, 2022, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2022, 10:09:09 AMWe are an lng exporter
net exporter.  Doesn't mean we don't import anything.

If we export 1000 tons of liquified natural gaz and import 500 tons, we are a net exporter. But we do import.
Energir (among others) imports gaz from I don't know where, but not all of it comes from the West.

According to the CBC we imported about $250 million worth of refined oil products from Russia last year: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-sanctions-chrystia-freeland-russia-1.6369310

Valmy

BB just said he stopped posting a bit over the holidays and just decided he would continue to do that. Right now all three of his boys, as well as himself, are all playing hockey so he doesn't have much time for us anyway. Also I was the first person to see how he was doing  :Embarrass:

So we can stop blaming Berkut.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2022, 08:57:26 PMThanks :cheers:

But if anybody else wants to mention that we miss him that might not hurt  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Mery and Buddha(iirc) regularly like his posts. Guess, he didn't notice.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2022, 10:08:55 PMMery and Buddha(iirc) regularly like his posts. Guess, he didn't notice.

That's different

viper37

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2022, 10:01:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2022, 08:57:26 PMThanks :cheers:

But if anybody else wants to mention that we miss him that might not hurt  :P
and as soon as he's back he'll see these posts and assume we were all fakes :P

I've been meaning to write to him, but I figured he wanted a break from Languish and decided not to intrude.  I read what he posts though. :)