News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you would like to see the remake of.

Started by Martinus, March 20, 2011, 06:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Another C64 classic I forgot earlier: Racing Destruction Set.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Slargos

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 21, 2011, 03:44:31 PM
Bard's tale?

I tried to play the remake but I couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes of eye-poking agony.

I've been meaning to replay BT3 for years but the game is tedious in the extreme.

Josquius

Quote from: Slargos on March 21, 2011, 04:05:08 PM
Bard's tale?

I tried to play the remake but I couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes of eye-poking agony.

I've been meaning to replay BT3 for years but the game is tedious in the extreme.
Its that bad?
I've got it on my shelf (picked it up somewhere for a handfull of sheckles) put have yet to even try it.
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on March 21, 2011, 04:16:10 PM
Quote from: Slargos on March 21, 2011, 04:05:08 PM
Bard's tale?

Its that bad?
I've got it on my shelf (picked it up somewhere for a handfull of sheckles) put have yet to even try it.

As far as I can recall, yeah. The originals were fun, but these days I just can't muster the energy for their brand of rince-repeat style of fighting. It sortof works for twitch-gaming, but no longer for text games.

To be fair, I don't think I gave the remake much of a chance. I may have to pick it up again.

Lucidor

I'd love to see Midwinter. They could add more people, but keep the hanggliders.

Berkut

Wing Commander. I would love a new space flight sim. It would even work well on a console.

Won't happen though - much better to just churn out another iteration of shooter or car driving game. Can never have too many of those.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

If I had rich man money to burn, I'd love to have SSI's back catalog.

WHO WANTS PHANTASIE IV?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pedrito

Freespace 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
SM's alpha Centauri
Day of the Tentacle, and some of the old Infocom gems; and Gabriel Knight 1
Raid Over Moscow
SimEarth
I'd kill a random Languishite for a new iteration of SimCity
Anachronox was a hidden gem that I never finished because of a bug that crashed my game, I'd love to see a remake of it

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

I'd like to see a straight HD port of Age of Empires II.

also, SimAnt & SimCity
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on March 21, 2011, 02:47:09 PM
I want a remake of Ultima.   :)
Fun games.  Ultima 7 was the highpoint for me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on March 22, 2011, 08:06:34 AM
Wing Commander. I would love a new space flight sim. It would even work well on a console.

Won't happen though - much better to just churn out another iteration of shooter or car driving game. Can never have too many of those.
Flight sims don't sell well anymore.  Their glory days were back before it was possible to make action games and shooters look good on PCs.  Flight sims were the FPS games of their time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

I think one problem with flight sims is the over-complication.  Realism is good for hardcore fans, but not good for casual gamers, or hardcore fans who didn't discover yet that they're hardcore fans.  Remember when joysticks had two buttons, and nothing else?