News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you would like to see the remake of.

Started by Martinus, March 20, 2011, 06:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Yes.  I liked it though.  That and Crusade in Europe.  NATO Commander was similar.
PDH!

Caliga

I think I played all three (Desert Fox, Crusade in Europe, and Decision in the Desert).

Desert Fox was like an early Total War prototype.  There was a strategic map but as soon as your forces made contact with German forces, there was a little action sequence that determined how the strategic battle played out.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

As soon as you made contact with Italian forces, they surrendered, so no need for the little minigame. :)

Slargos

Not necessarily remake, but I'd love to see a followup to Wasteland.

Knights of Legend was an unpolished gem that really needs a remake.

Can't really think of any 90s games aside from perhaps XCOM and MoM that really need remakes. A lot of the other suggestions in this thread have already seen their remakes in one form or another.

Slargos

Though I may need to check out Betrayal at Krondor. I loved the Riftwar setting and can't understand how I missed that one.  :hmm:

DGuller

Darth Wagtaros

Medieval Lords was good.  Not as defined as EU, guess EU could be a sort of RTS remake, but I still enjoyed it.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on March 21, 2011, 02:34:01 PM
I thought about mentioning Wasteland, but between Fallout and FO3 I feel like it's been sufficiently followed-up on, and any additional remake/follow-up runs the risk of being crap and ruining Wasteland's legacy.

Oh, that reminds me of another game which was a contemporary of Wasteland's: Neuromancer. :cool:

Caliga

DGuller

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2011, 02:40:44 PM
I thought about mentioning Wasteland, but between Fallout and FO3 I feel like it's been sufficiently followed-up on, and any additional remake/follow-up runs the risk of being crap and ruining Wasteland's legacy.

Oh, that reminds me of another game which was a contemporary of Wasteland's: Neuromancer. :cool:

I never felt Fallout was a worthy successor to Wasteland even though it's a great series in its own right. Of course, I agree that it's hard to see how it would be possible to do anything with Wasteland that wouldn't be a let-down. Still, while the settings are similar I never got that Wasteland feel from Fallout.

KRonn

Can't really think of any 90s games aside from perhaps XCOM and MoM that really need remakes. A lot of the other suggestions in this thread have already seen their remakes in one form or another.
Yeah, a remake of XCOM would rate up top for me.

I'd also like to see a Red Baron remake.