News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

School bully gets what he deserves

Started by Valdemar, March 15, 2011, 06:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I was kind of a bully in early elementary school. I don't remember much of it but I remembered what made me stop. One angry giant size father really pissed off at me. He scared so much, I had trouble walking to school ( a 100m walk, if as much).

Later in life, I was bullied once but for some reason, I still don't know, the bully got his ass kick by the "back of the bus" gang after they witness what he did to me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2011, 12:13:28 PM
I got bullied a fair amount in 6th and 7th grade but then started fighting back and got suspended several times in 7th and 8th grade. By high school people mostly left me alone.
I got suspended once and I didn't even hit the other guy.  But I solved my problems otherwise.  Never got bothered again by these wannabe Hell's.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

The video is highly :lol: worthy.

Typical though what happened. Was always the same with me. People could pick on me just fine and get away with it, I smack them though and I get in trouble <_<
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2011, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2011, 08:37:01 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2011, 08:27:42 AM
Obviously. Schools can't celebrate children fighting.

I was always amazed in school how the authorities seemed to consistently punish the kid who was provoked but leave the trouble makers to raise more hell untouched.

If a bully is going around provoking fights he probably should be punished also yes?

Yeah, but that is usually because it is the kid responding who is actually seen, while the instigator is not seen. So you end up with one kid who *certainly* did something wrong, and another kid who you only have the word of someone else that they did something wrong.

This is a bullshit excuse though - it basically happens, IMO, because the adults don't want to go to the effort of actually figuring out what happened. That would involve actually talking to multiple kids to sort out what really happened. Too much bother. So they just punish the kid they KNOW did something wrong.

Although this could be changing. Certainly one thing in my kids elementary school that I have been really impressed with is how seriously the principals and teachers take bullying. It is absolutely not tolerated, and they seem to put significant resources into making that clear to the students and parents, and from what I can tell, it actually seems to have worked. Interesting to see if it holds true when my son goes off to middle school next year.

A more interesting thing would be to see what happens when this pussified generation enters adulthood.

Berkut

Yeah, I bet Marty was all bad ass in school.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2011, 05:59:53 PM

I was neither bullied nor was bullying others. School teaches social skills and life isn't always fair.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2011, 06:03:23 PM

I was neither bullied nor was bullying others. School teaches social skills and life isn't always fair.

So are you all pussified then, since you did not bully or get bullied?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

I like running into the old school bullies in a store. Me: well off and successful. Them: in a greasy shirt, ugly wife and ugly kids. I just laugh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

This thread makes me scratch my head.

I was never Mr. Popularity, but I really wasn't ever bullied either.  And I was a pretty big geek in school, no way around that.

Maybe a somewhat early puberty helped?  There was a point when I was one of the tallest kids in class...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I was in a high school of 2000 people. There was usually 1 jerk + sycophants for each the freshman and sophomore classes. That shit went away after 10th grade. The bullies usually were left behind or were in gaol by 11th grade.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2011, 06:28:16 PM
This thread makes me scratch my head.

I was never Mr. Popularity, but I really wasn't ever bullied either.  And I was a pretty big geek in school, no way around that.

Maybe a somewhat early puberty helped?  There was a point when I was one of the tallest kids in class...

Don't know what to tell you.  Maybe because you are Canadian?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2011, 06:28:16 PM
I was never Mr. Popularity, but I really wasn't ever bullied either.

Pussy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

My experience was that a lot of bullying was just overlooked.  I think it was partly considered just part of how kids played with each other back then, and a lot of it was just a matter of the school athorities didn't really know how to respond to behavior that they didn't witness personally.  Also, a lot of the bullying technically occured out of school--on the walk home for example.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on March 15, 2011, 10:08:42 PM
My experience was that a lot of bullying was just overlooked.  I think it was partly considered just part of how kids played with each other back then, and a lot of it was just a matter of the school athorities didn't really know how to respond to behavior that they didn't witness personally.  Also, a lot of the bullying technically occured out of school--on the walk home for example.

The bullying I had was worst in Middle School.  I think a great deal of the problem was due to the school being brand new.  They were also trying new teaching methods (including one in the beginning where we were not issued any school books).  Eventually the teachers just sort of gave up on trying to keep order and would just call the police if a major disturbance broke out.  By the time I was in Eight grade they had a cop on duty there through out the day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2011, 06:19:15 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2011, 06:03:23 PM

So are you all pussified then, since you did not bully or get bullied?

No. That's my point - there was bullying at my school but I managed to avoid it. IMO learning how is an important socializing lesson.