http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e9_1300102958

A school bully's victimn finally cracks, gives his tormentor his due  :menace:

And is sent home for his effort while the bully goes free :(

V

Valmy

Quote from: Valdemar on March 15, 2011, 06:22:09 AM
And is sent home for his effort while the bully goes free :(

That is usually how it goes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Obviously. Schools can't celebrate children fighting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

That's a good take down. Should have kicked him in the face while he was down too.

Also go rampage on the tall kid that got close after. Assholes gotta learn to respect bigger kids.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2011, 08:27:42 AM

I was always amazed in school how the authorities seemed to consistently punish the kid who was provoked but leave the trouble makers to raise more hell untouched.

If a bully is going around provoking fights he probably should be punished also yes?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2011, 08:37:01 AM

I was always amazed in school how the authorities seemed to consistently punish the kid who was provoked but leave the trouble makers to raise more hell untouched.

If a bully is going around provoking fights he probably should be punished also yes?

Yeah, but that is usually because it is the kid responding who is actually seen, while the instigator is not seen. So you end up with one kid who *certainly* did something wrong, and another kid who you only have the word of someone else that they did something wrong.

This is a bullshit excuse though - it basically happens, IMO, because the adults don't want to go to the effort of actually figuring out what happened. That would involve actually talking to multiple kids to sort out what really happened. Too much bother. So they just punish the kid they KNOW did something wrong.

Although this could be changing. Certainly one thing in my kids elementary school that I have been really impressed with is how seriously the principals and teachers take bullying. It is absolutely not tolerated, and they seem to put significant resources into making that clear to the students and parents, and from what I can tell, it actually seems to have worked. Interesting to see if it holds true when my son goes off to middle school next year.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valdemar

One can hope that bthe vid will act in the bullied boy's defense. usually you only get hearsay "he started, no he started"

V

garbon

I'd think so although I wonder who they would consider more of a problem...the person who instigates fights or the individual that escalates situations to violence.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2011, 08:47:40 AM

I'd think so although I wonder who they would consider more of a problem...the person who instigates fights or the individual that escalates situations to violence.
I have to assume that the bully, the smaller kid, picked fights with the big kid before. But in any event the "bully" sucker punched the other kid, threw a few more punches, and started dancing around to fight. The other kid defended himself, and I'd say it could be argued that he used similar force in response against the bully to defend himself.

DontSayBanana

Even then, the bully would be a higher-priority concern to me.  If the bully could be a catalyst for inciting one student to violence, odds look pretty good the bully could be a catalyst for multiple violent incidents.

It's also hypocritical- most schools talk some kind of a tough-ish "zero tolerance on bullying" kind of game and yet react to bullies slowly, if at all.  It seems like it takes a class' worth of students coming forward before any action is taken against a known bully.
Experience bij!

Valdemar

According to the news article in Danish that first linked the vid. the bully has a history of harrassing this victim and the victim a history of not responding. Thats probably why the bully dared to be so openly aggressive.

V

grumbler

:huh: In the case of this video, it is the same kid (the one on the left). 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Brazen

Yeah, the skinny bully very clearly punches the big kid smack in the face, hard, twice, let alone any previous record.

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 15, 2011, 09:20:02 AM
It's also hypocritical- most schools talk some kind of a tough-ish "zero tolerance on bullying" kind of game and yet react to bullies slowly, if at all.  It seems like it takes a class' worth of students coming forward before any action is taken against a known bully.
Interesting.  How do you know how "most schools" talk and react?  Personal experience, or do you have some study that supports such a dubious contention?

My experience is that every school with which i have had experience has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to bullying, like the policy on tobacco and alcohol.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on March 15, 2011, 09:32:04 AM
:huh: In the case of this video, it is the same kid (the one on the left). 

I wasn't talking specifically about this case.