News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

:bleeding:  UTSA is just jacking up shots and standing around a lot on D now.  Well...I mean that they've kind of expanded on what they've been doing the whole game.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2011, 05:43:15 PM
:bleeding:  UTSA is just jacking up shots and standing around a lot on D now.  Well...I mean that they've kind of expanded on what they've been doing the whole game.
Dude, you can't get that worked up about a game against the overall #1 seed.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2011, 05:44:54 PM
Dude, you can't get that worked up about a game against the overall #1 seed.

:huh: What makes you think I'm worked up?  Pretty sure there would be some sort of GODFUCKINGDAMMIT type deal in the post there if I was.

Edit:  The comeback begins:  The lead is down to 26.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2011, 05:48:23 PM
:huh: What makes you think I'm worked up?
The blood streaming from your eyes. :)

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2011, 05:50:42 PM
The blood streaming from your eyes. :)

That's from a tournament team heaving up shots that look like I was taking them.  Also, my ears are like that now too due to the mics really amplifying the sound all the bricks are making as they clang off the rim.

Also, I can't find the remote.

Edit:  Oh it's over (clock-wise).  Hey they kept it under 30!  :)  Haha they also scored more points than Tennessee.

Admiral Yi

BU is hanging tough with Kansas but NC is beating up Lon Gyland.  LIU's point guard appears to be of the yellow race.

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2011, 05:08:18 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 18, 2011, 05:06:42 PM
where is the blown call?

Chest to elbow, I believe is what they're saying.

Uhhh, no. That is a great block.

As we always say "If the shot missed because it got swatted into the stands, ignore incidental body contact afterwards..."

That was not even a great no-call...it was a routine no-call.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Georgia-Washington is a much better game than I expected.  Good thing, since I can't stand to watch the Georgetown game any more :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Huskies looked like shit, to be tied at half when shooting 28% is a fucking miracle.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Wow, how about that Big East,  Hoya Saxa?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2011, 10:06:47 PM

As we always say "If the shot missed because it got swatted into the stands, ignore incidental body contact afterwards..."

That's what their complaint is.  The contact comes before the block.

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2011, 11:02:57 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2011, 10:06:47 PM

That's what their complaint is.  The contact comes before the block.

True, but was it the contact that created the block?

Nope - then there was no advantage gained by the contact. Contact, by rule, is not a foul unless an illegal advantage is gained by that contact.

You don't get bailed out of having your shot sent into the stands by a foul call, unless it was the contact that allowed the shot to get sent in the first place. That was not the case here - that ball was blocked because the defender had his hand above the ball long before it left the shooters hand. The bump on the elbow meant nada.

Routine no call. Would not call it in the first 38 minutes, sure as hell would not call it in the last 2.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2011, 11:06:22 PM
True, but was it the contact that created the block?

Nope - then there was no advantage gained by the contact. Contact, by rule, is not a foul unless an illegal advantage is gained by that contact.

You don't get bailed out of having your shot sent into the stands by a foul call, unless it was the contact that allowed the shot to get sent in the first place. That was not the case here - that ball was blocked because the defender had his hand above the ball long before it left the shooters hand. The bump on the elbow meant nada.

Routine no call. Would not call it in the first 38 minutes, sure as hell would not call it in the last 2.

Ah, see, I wasn't aware that you could throw your body into someone's arm while they're shooting as long as you get the block afterwards.   :) 

(no but seriously, you should go argue this on some of the basketball forums, or at least go check out the rage posts)

As a side note, I found out today that my mom likes Arizona basketball because Sean Elliott went there.  It's like her reason for being a Raiders fan:  Because she liked the kicker some number of years ago (not SeaBass).  Good enough reason as any, I suppose.  Me, I was leaning more for Arizona not because of Elliott (who was awesome, but I completely forgot he went there), but because an Arizona - Texas matchup seems more interesting. 

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on March 18, 2011, 10:44:37 PM
Wow, how about that Big East,  Hoya Saxa?
Wasn't one Georgetown's big player injured?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point