Gingritch: I boffed her because I'm such a hard-working, patriotic person

Started by Malthus, March 10, 2011, 04:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

You can't make this shit up:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2014444141_apusgingrich2012.html

Quote"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," Gingrich said.

Or, as someone or other put it, "I regret that I have but one wife to give for my country"  :P

Edit: screwed up his name.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

I love the "things happened in my life" bit.

What a great way to take responsibility for your actions Newt!   :lol:

Actually I love Newt.  He's an ideas man, and there are too few of them in politics.  But his personal life is an absolute train wreck.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

His ideas are mostly bad though. I can't stand him - total partisan hack - cares more about winning than about being right or helping his country. And a complete hypocrite, lying, no ethics piece of shit.

Other than that he seems like a nice guy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2011, 04:58:13 PM
Actually I love Newt.  He's an ideas man, and there are too few of them in politics.  But his personal life is an absolute train wreck.

I've always liked him as well, but he's damaged goods as far as presidential candidacy is concerned.  And he's not the only GOP'er in that category, sadly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Clinton must have been really hard-working and patriotic - just look at the uggos he screwed.  He must have been in a work-induced daze. :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2011, 05:02:18 PM
His ideas are mostly bad though. I can't stand him - total partisan hack - cares more about winning than about being right or helping his country. And a complete hypocrite, lying, no ethics piece of shit.

I'm not sure that's completely right.  He is hyper-partisan, to be sure.  But to say he cares more about winning than being right or helping his country?  No - he pushes ideology first and foremost.  He isn't a "do whatever it takes to win" guy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Nationalism can have very different effects on sexuality. Elizabeth I stayed the virgin queen, victorian brides were compliant to their husbands sexual advances (that era seems to have passed :( ) and Newt Gingrich had affairs. And of course in an earlier time the English tried to breed some civilization into the Scots through prima nocte.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on March 10, 2011, 04:39:14 PM
Or, as someone or other put it, "I regret that I have but one wife to give for my country"  :P

Then dumping two is twice as patriotic!

He was talking to the Christian Broadcasting Network, for fuck's sake.  Of course he's going to play the contrite-before-the-eyes-of-the-Lord card.

Slargos

Quote from: alfred russel on March 10, 2011, 05:07:55 PM
Nationalism can have very different effects on sexuality. Elizabeth I stayed the virgin queen, victorian brides were compliant to their husbands sexual advances (that era seems to have passed :( ) and Newt Gingrich had affairs. And of course in an earlier time the English tried to breed some civilization into the Scots through prima nocte.

:lol:

Are you willing to quote a source on that last that isn't Braveheart?  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2011, 04:58:13 PM
He's a poser.  He's an ideas man of politics like Bernard Henri-Levy's an ideas man of modern philosophy.  He looks and occassionally sounds the part, actually he's as vapid as his excuses.
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on March 10, 2011, 05:43:03 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 10, 2011, 05:07:55 PM

:lol:

Pssst - I think he may not be *entirely* serious on that ...  :hmm:

alfred russel

Quote from: Slargos on March 10, 2011, 05:43:03 PM

Would you be willing to accept an interview with Mel Gibson?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

I understand Newt's pain. I too, get boners with additional money and power.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive