News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2011, 08:37:39 AM
Yeah, the 'Canes have 5 national championships to the Gators' 3.

Well, pending the bowl games, Florida State tied Florida International for the best record among the Florida schools this year...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 06, 2011, 07:13:37 PM
Boise is a fickle whore.

They have an argument.  But then again, at-large bids aren't based on possible competitiveness, but national TV fan base, the traveling fans and the $$$ they'll bring with them to the bowl.

Ed Anger

For you Tressel fans (me), he turned down Akron. Rumors are UCLA and A&M are interested.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:37:56 PM
For you Tressel fans (me), he turned down Akron. Rumors are UCLA and A&M are interested.

He turned down the Zips?  What a fucker.

PDH

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 06, 2011, 07:13:37 PM
Boise is a fickle whore.

And how.  Well they get to dominate the Big East...West...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:37:11 PM
They have an argument.  But then again, at-large bids aren't based on possible competitiveness, but national TV fan base, the traveling fans and the $$$ they'll bring with them to the bowl.
Bingo.  That's why Michigan is in a BCS bowl (and was the first at-large chosen), and the far more deserving Kansas State team isn't.  Michigan puts asses in seats and sells well on TV (what with their Cinderella season), while K State doesn't travel well, and doesn't even sell out its own stadium.

$$ talks.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:40:31 PM

That Colts job might be in his future.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on December 06, 2011, 09:47:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:37:11 PM
Bingo.  That's why Michigan is in a BCS bowl (and was the first at-large chosen), and the far more deserving Kansas State team isn't.  Michigan puts asses in seats and sells well on TV (what with their Cinderella season), while K State doesn't travel well, and doesn't even sell out its own stadium.

$$ talks.

As much as I enjoy the "competitive" angle as much as the next guy--and I'm just going out on a limb here--but your average Michigan alum probably earns more than 1.5 Boise State grads, and will get off from work to take the whole fucking family, while Boise State grads can't get off shift work.  And the nation watches Michigan.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:48:14 PM

Twice the reasons to hate them then.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:48:14 PM

Twice the reasons to hate them then.

I might have to get a Colts blue sweater vest.

Now you may insult me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2011, 09:56:48 PM
I might have to get a Colts blue sweater vest.

Now you may insult me.

No, no...that won't be necessary.  It insults itself.

dps

Akron supposedly fired Rob Ianello by phone--as he was driving to his mother's funeral.  Sure, he needed to be fired, but would you want to work for dickheads like that?

PDH

So San Diego State is in the Big East....a team that has gone 39-58 in the Mountain West.  Joining them as Boise State's lackeys are SMU and Houston.  Wow.  The money numbers bandied about have gone from 12 million per team steadily down to 3 million now, and nobody knows for sure.

I will miss some of the old college rivalries, but thankfully SDSU and Boise were never rivals.  For what it is worth, Air Force says they are committed to the Moutain West.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Kansas has hired Charlie Weis to be their HC.