News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2011, 10:25:23 AM
It sure seemed like he was citing Virginia Tech as a reason for why the Bowls are dropping AQs.  I thought the insinuation was that the Sugar Bowl was forced by the AQ rules to take a non-deserving team like the Fiesta Bowl had to take UConn last year.  But it rather shows that even when the Bowls can take anybody they want they still can screw it up just as bad.

The Sugar couldn't take anyone they wanted, because of the AQ tie-ins to the other bowls.

VT has a history of traveling well.  No one expected them to have problems selling tickets this year.  Everyone here blamed the failure to sell out last year on the fact that it was the third trip to Miami in four years.  It turns out that the fans are just bored with Beamer Ball.  They sold out during the season, though, so who knew?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on December 14, 2011, 10:47:23 AM
The Sugar couldn't take anyone they wanted, because of the AQ tie-ins to the other bowls.

Well obviously they couldn't take anybody but that was true even with the old Bowl System.  But they could invite anybody who was not already going to another BCS bowl.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Apparently Wyoming sold enough tickets to break even at the New Mexico Bowl.  Take that, VT!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 14, 2011, 11:02:18 AM
Apparently Wyoming sold enough tickets to break even at the New Mexico Bowl.  Take that, VT!

Just think if Wyoming made a BCS bowl.  Almost the entire city of Laramie would have to go to sell out their alotment.

Speaking of Wyoming looking forward to the game this Saturday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Wyoming has a lot of expats. When Wyoming is in the Big12 and starts dominating, all the UWyo alum that live the traitorous life in Colorado would buy bowl tickets!

Right now the "break even" point was 4100 tickets for the NM Bowl :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Why are they suing him?  The QB he sacked played for Georgia Tech not Georgia.

Valmy

Ready for the big game PDH?  I presume you are posting from your hotel room in New Mexico.

HVC

He used to be a little football player with heart, now he's a little con artist with heart... and a gatoraid rip off.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2011, 02:51:36 PM
He used to be a little football player with heart, now he's a little con artist with heart... and a gatoraid rip off.

Who cares?  He is being sued by an SEC that doesn't even have one team in the "championship" game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

I am going to be following the game from afar, alas.  My father is sick, and I had to scramble and make plans to go to Cathedral City, California to see him.  Being 85 makes even "sick" a pretty bad thing.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

derspiess

An ROTC buddy of mine who went to Notre Dame & whose father is a big ND booster told me that Rudy is a freeloading loser.  So this isn't surprising.

Rudy was a pretty good movie, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 16, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
I am going to be following the game from afar, alas.  My father is sick, and I had to scramble and make plans to go to Cathedral City, California to see him.  Being 85 makes even "sick" a pretty bad thing.

Oh man I am sorry to hear that.  I hope it is nothing serious.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2011, 04:58:51 PM
An ROTC buddy of mine who went to Notre Dame & whose father is a big ND booster told me that Rudy is a freeloading loser.  So this isn't surprising.

Rudy was a pretty good movie, though.

His nephew plays for the Arizona State baseball team so that automatically makes him scum in my eyes.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: grumbler on December 16, 2011, 04:20:15 PM

Who cares?  He is being sued by an SEC that doesn't even have one team in the "championship" game.

Ok, I did laugh.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers