News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 05, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
It may not just be that Meyer has moved a lot, it may be that he has to move a lot because he lacks the ability or the particular skillset required to build a long term dynasty...

Or Mrs. Meyer gets tired of him porking the coeds.

Rasputin

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 05, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2011, 06:11:51 PM
Hey grumbler, did you read "Three and Out"?

It is getting a lot of positive press on the Arizona board, including plenty from a batch of Michigan fans who've shown up recently...

...Tim Tebow was one of the top QB prospects in the nation, he was heavily recruited all over the country, but he grew up in Florida and ended up going to the best football school in the state.  ...
Who is John Galt?

sbr

Eddie Teach

Yeah, the 'Canes have 5 national championships to the Gators' 3.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Rasputin

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2011, 08:37:39 AM

dear dorsey,

fuck you too.

very truly yours,

plj
Who is John Galt?

OttoVonBismarck

If was 1980-2003 I wouldn't have said Florida was the best football school in the state. But by the time Tebow signed his LOI with Florida the Hurricanes were clearly in a downward spiral with widespread disciplinary problems, poor on field performance and etc.

It really is amazing that Miami won 5 national championships over a 23 year span, and was all around dominating (with more wins over that span than I believe anyone other than Nebraska.) What really makes it amazing is unlike Nebraska or even Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State etc, is Miami did it with virtually no serious fan or alumni support. Miami is a small school with no real national fan base that has poor attendance even at home games. They have abysmal traveling fans, one year Miami barely brought anyone to the Gator Bowl which is in their home state, for example.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Rasputin on December 06, 2011, 08:52:04 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2011, 08:37:39 AM

dear dorsey,

fuck you too.

very truly yours,

plj

:P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 06, 2011, 09:42:57 AM
Miami did it with virtually no serious fan or alumni support.

I assume you don't mean they lack for boosters ($$$).

Rasputin

:rolleyes: otto is trolling and knows nuffin bout nuffin
Who is John Galt?

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2011, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 06, 2011, 09:42:57 AM
Miami did it with virtually no serious fan or alumni support.

I assume you don't mean they lack for boosters ($$$).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I do think they lack for athletic boosters. I'm not saying they don't have any, they have one who is in prison for running a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme, for example. But given the general state of their facilities, which have been falling apart for over a decade now, I do think they have a lack of serious booster support. Even at middle-tier SEC programs like Auburn there are boosters that would never let the athletic facilities degrade to the state Miami's were in when they won their last championship. Let alone what they look like now.

MadImmortalMan

It's hard to pay for good facilities when all your money is going to hookers, blow and abortions.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 06, 2011, 01:36:10 PM
It's hard to pay for good facilities when all your money is going to hookers, blow and abortions.

Aint that the truth. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on December 06, 2011, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 06, 2011, 01:36:10 PM

Aint that the truth. :( 

Really?  You don't think your house is good?  Or just that it's hard to pay for, under the circumstances?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

CBS is reporting Boise, Houston, SMU, SDSU, and UCF will be headed to the Big East:

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/33728643

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers