News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

katmai

Signs that need to reduce amount of bowl games....

Matchup: Illinois (6-6) vs. UCLA (6-7)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

QuoteFlorida (6-6) and Ohio State (6-6) at 1 p.m., on Jan. 2 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla.

Ugh. The battle of the two cripples.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Washington and Baylor in the Alamo Bowl.  I might go ahead and get some tickets for that one.

dps

IMO there ought to be a change to the rules that no 6-win team can get a bowl invite unless all teams with 7+ wins have received invites.

Eddie Teach

A 6 win BCS school would crush a 7 win MAC school.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2011, 09:04:54 PM
QuoteFlorida (6-6) and Ohio State (6-6) at 1 p.m., on Jan. 2 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla.

Ugh. The battle of the two cripples.
The Irony Bowl.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Sigh, the New Mexico Bowl.  Red Chili and a large faux-mesa india piece of pottery.  Temple will likely come in and stomp the Pokes because...well, just because.

TCU and Boise, despite high finishes, get the schlep bowls - Boise State has to be the highest ranked team to play in the Las Vegas Bowl...sheesh.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

If Boise got screwed, then they got it right.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: dps on December 04, 2011, 09:10:43 PM
IMO there ought to be a change to the rules that no 6-win team can get a bowl invite unless all teams with 7+ wins have received invites.
Why?  The bowls are post-season money-makers.  They aren't about "fair," and they never have been.

The Big Ten got ten teams into bowls this year, which means they have unfavorable matchups in just about all of them. 

Penn State's No-Offense team versus Houston's No-Defense team might be one of the better matchups.  I don't see Ohio, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Spurty, or Penn State winning.  Iowa versus Oklahoma? :bleeding:   Michigan and Illinois should be okay.  Purdue v Western Michigan and Northwestern v A&M are tossups.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2011, 09:21:07 PM

Las Vegas Bowl, baby! 

Or whatever the exact name is now.  Against Arizona State.

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2011, 09:21:07 PM

This year, they pretty much screwed themselves.

TCU has a much better argument about being screwed.

PDH

Boise is likely one and done in the Mountain West so they can kiss off.  Still, K-State and Boise in chump bowls despite their rankings sort of shows the system at its finest.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 04, 2011, 09:20:01 PM
Sigh, the New Mexico Bowl.  Red Chili and a large faux-mesa india piece of pottery.  Temple will likely come in and stomp the Pokes because...well, just because.

TCU and Boise, despite high finishes, get the schlep bowls - Boise State has to be the highest ranked team to play in the Las Vegas Bowl...sheesh.

Yeah that was a disappointing destination for Wyoming.  But then so did Boise and TCU.  A great year for the MWC just got crapped on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Oh well, on the bright side, it is the last year (likely) that the Mountain West will have two top 20 teams at the end of the season!  Bye bye, TCU...bye bye Boise!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM