And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Rasputin on November 30, 2011, 09:00:19 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 29, 2011, 02:31:54 PM
The spread run that Meyer runs isn't something that once you "figure it out" it's just totally going to collapse. With the right O-line and good running backs you can move the football against anyone with it. Success isn't based on your offense being surprising.

LSU runs a very straight forward, ho-hum rush heavy offense that focuses on pounding the ball and then throwing PA to keep the defense honest. When you have the right amount of talent all you need is some degree of consistency in moving the ball on the ground and you don't have to worry about the rest.

The key is to have a good defense to go along with it, which LSU has. If Meyer has a decent defense all he needs is a viable offense that is consistent and he'll win most of his games every year, just like Tressel did.

talent being equal, some offenses are simply easier to defend than others. myers brand of wing t does not do well once its been figured out

Given the talent that Ohio State can attract, in a normal year they should finish no worse than 3rd in the Big Can't Count if they ran the single wing.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: dps on November 30, 2011, 06:34:14 PM
... Big Can't Count ...
This doesn't narrow things down very much (though it excludes the Big Don't Know Geography, the Don't Know Geography Twelve, and the Don't Even Know How Many Coasts We Are On Coast Conference).  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Is that some alternative history thing where Moses was the head coach of Wandering in the Desert U?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on December 01, 2011, 07:47:23 AM
This doesn't narrow things down very much (though it excludes the Big Don't Know Geography, the Don't Know Geography Twelve, and the Don't Even Know How Many Coasts We Are On Coast Conference).  :lol:

Our conference name is dreadfully inaccurate but it never referred to geography at all.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
Is that some alternative history thing where Moses was the head coach of Wandering in the Desert U?

The damn helmets aren't even gray. I want to break Tim's computer. Then torture the artist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I hate rivalry games.  Hate.  Sure, Wyoming is the better team this year, but the damn greenies will play better just because.  I want a blowout (like last year), where Wyoming does nothing wrong and CSU does nothing right because that is how it should be.

Still, the game will be close just to piss me off.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Well, well, well...UCLA's certainly come out spirited in the 3rd quarter.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2011, 10:33:28 PM
Well, well, well...UCLA's certainly come out spirited in the 3rd quarter.
TAINT!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Eddie Teach

How about throwing some of that taint Oregon's way?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

PDH

Wyoming wins the 103rd (102nd official since Wyoming didn't attend due to rules disputes in 1898), border war, 22-19.  A freshaman quarterback, a good take-away but poor run defense, and a so-so offense manage to go 8-4 this season.

Geez, it is hard too root for a winning team, how do all the timmy homers do it?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

I really hope you guys are watching the Big 10 championship.  Wisconsin and Michigan State are burning down the barn.