News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: dps on October 10, 2011, 12:33:03 AM
Given their records last year, I'm not sure why they were ranked so highly in the preseason polls anyway.
FSU is, IIRC, the most over-rated program in terms of initial to final ratings over the last decade.  It was 10-4 last year, so it isn't surprising that it was ranked this year in the pre-season.  I don't think Miami was ever ranked this season.  Dunno why Florida was in the top 25 in the preseason poll.  It wasn't very good last year, and doesn't look good this year.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

The Nevada-UNLV game was a predictable beatdown. Shutout, even. Still, fun was had. I learned a lot about the New Mexico Lobos. They are featuring a different MW school every week at the games and telling the crowd all kinds of things about them for the upcoming conference move. They're also taking donations to pay for the move. Which means to pay the WAC their penalty money, of course.   :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on October 10, 2011, 07:43:56 AM
Dunno why Florida was in the top 25 in the preseason poll.  It wasn't very good last year, and doesn't look good this year.

I don't think you can judge UF just on getting crushed by Bama and LSU.  Those schools are going to run over alot of people before this season is over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

By the way the ND offense appears to have fixed its redzone issues  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

They inducted a Wyoming alum into the Edmonton Eskimos ring of honor tonight.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

TCU to the Big 12 is official:  http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32647055

And your aggie post of the day (from texags.com, image from Shaggy):

:lol:

Dude doesn't have an "Ag Tag" though, so it's very possibly a troll from Texas/Baylor/Tech/<insert schools here>.  There really is apparently a...thing...involving...things like this.....at Texas A&M though.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh and Bruce Feldman is saying Mike Stoops has been fired at Arizona.  I hear Greg Davis is available.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2011, 11:05:56 AM
I don't think you can judge UF just on getting crushed by Bama and LSU.  Those schools are going to run over alot of people before this season is over.
And when you find someone judging UF just on getting crushed by Bama and LSU, you can whip out this argument.  Dunno why you made it to me, though.  I said nothing about Bama or LSU.  I just said Florida didn't look good this year, which is true even outside the last two games.  Tulane looked better against UAB than Florida did, and the game was not a home game for Tulane.  UF had 150 yards in penalties against Tennessee and so had a very low 3rd down conversion rate (though their run defense looked awesome and kept Tennessee from taking advantage). 

Florida isn't awful.  It almost couldn't be, given the talent there.  It just isn't very good.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 10, 2011, 11:06:35 AM
By the way the ND offense appears to have fixed its redzone issues  :lol:
Most teams' offensive stats improve a lot playing AFA, but ND does seem to have turned their season around.  They still have two losses coming up, in all likelihood, but will end up with a decent bowl.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 10, 2011, 08:17:39 PM
Oh and Bruce Feldman is saying Mike Stoops has been fired at Arizona.  I hear Greg Davis is available.
I wonder who Arizona thinks they are going to get that will be better.  Stoops was a .500 coach at a school that should be pretty happy when they are over .500 and not to concerned if they go below .500 for a  while. 

I smell Mike Leach.  That could get interesting!

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Barry jr. looks pretty good.

Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu9Q04L4a7k

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/0ThjJu69EeC-rAAmVebEWg/barry-j-sanders-of-heritage-hall--top-50-recruit.htm
Quote5-foot-11 and 195 pounds, Sanders runs 40 yards in an outstanding 4.31 seconds and probably will finish his career with most of the Heritage Hall rushing records.

The highly sought Sanders, who carries a 3.39 GPA, has narrowed his college list to Alabama, Florida State, Stanford and LSU. Sanders says his decision will rest on "mainly just the environment and academics." He is expected to announce his college choice at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 7, 2012, at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Quote from: Neil on October 10, 2011, 06:44:38 PM

Sean Flemming was a stud - punter, kicker...he was big enough that a couple of times on fake punts he ran over guys to get the 1st down.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

What a shame the Eskies actually won tonight, eh Neil? :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: PDH on October 10, 2011, 10:14:06 PM
Sean Flemming was a stud - punter, kicker...he was big enough that a couple of times on fake punts he ran over guys to get the 1st down.
Yeah.  I was there and I was surprised by just what a big guy he was.  He had a good 16 years with the team.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 10, 2011, 10:37:20 PM

What a shame the Eskies actually won tonight, eh Neil? :P
They deserved to win.  I was actually at the game, and it was ugly.  Dinwittie is useless, and if you can't protect, you can't stretch the field and you can't win.