NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 03, 2011, 08:53:44 PM
hth?

Hope that helps.

Hey Tim, I've been meaning to ask:  I never watched any TV when I was in Korea (only three days).  What kind of football games do you get over there?  Are they on TV, or do you stream them, or what?

E: Holy shit Gilbert holy shit don't just throw the ball backwards while you're getting sacked
Stream ESPN via ATDHENET, I've got the Boise st. game on now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 03, 2011, 09:17:40 PM
Stream ESPN via ATDHENET, I've got the Boise st. game on now.

Right on.  You know, after watching the LHN streaming the last couple of days, I've noticed the quality of the various feeds seems to have gone up quite a bit.   I was looking at this thing called Play On so I can eyeball online games (ESPN3, etc) on my TV.

Oh here we go.  Rice just downed a punt on the....well it's like the length of the ball outside of the endzone.  I can't wait to see what Gilbert does here.  :hide:

jimmy olsen

Boise State is looking good, or maybe Georgia just isn't very good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 03, 2011, 09:31:03 PM

Yeah I have that one on across the room.  Looks like Boise just scored again.  Ugh.

E: :blink:  Gilbert with the 50 yard pass right on the damn money.  It's like good Rex/bad Rex out there.

My bad, that was a ~60 yard pass.  Endzone to about the 40.

dps

Been telling you guys for a while now that Georgia is probably the most consistantly over-rated program in the country.

sbr

Well besides the two fumbles by the freshman, that is about what I expected.  At least it wasn't Sacramento State.

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  Looks like Texas - Rice is going to end 34 - 9, assuming they don't run another play here in the red zone.  They looked like steaming shit at the beginning, but visibly improved as the game went on (and they beat the shit out of the Rice players, which helped a lot, I'm sure heh).   

18 true freshmen played for the Horns tonight. 

Eddie Teach

Georgia just isn't very good.

Georgia isn't very good. They went 6-7 last year and they lost one of the top wide receivers in the country.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2011, 06:13:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 05:44:56 PM
That is why you are Utah State and they are Auburn.

:lol:

I was skimming through channels, and just learned I have the LHN,  right next to Big Ten 1 and 2.  :lol:

Yeah Washington and Baltimore have it and Austin does not :P the UT grads who live up there have been rubbing our noses in it.

But I watched the game anyway online.  The Longhorn Network looks really good the production of the game and the commentary was fantastic.  I am sure if Austin ever gets it they will be happy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 10:28:52 PM
Hm.  Looks like Texas - Rice is going to end 34 - 9, assuming they don't run another play here in the red zone.  They looked like steaming shit at the beginning, but visibly improved as the game went on (and they beat the shit out of the Rice players, which helped a lot, I'm sure heh).  

18 true freshmen played for the Horns tonight. 

The line play is subpar on both sides, but particularly in the middle of the defense, which will be a huge problem against BYU next week.  The young players have potential though.  If Malcolm Brown does not get 25-30 carries a game going forward I will be shocked.  I was very happy with both Harsin and Diaz with how they called the game.  I was pleased but not overwhelmed over all.

The next two weeks are big.  BYU and UCLA (yes I know they lost to Houston but damn it they own Texas)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 11:02:20 PM
The line play is subpar on both sides, but particularly in the middle of the defense, which will be a huge problem against BYU next week.

Hell yeah man. The middle was soft and gooey.  It was disturbing.

QuoteThe young players have potential though.  If Malcolm Brown does not get 25-30 carries a game going forward I will be shocked.  I was very happy with both Harsin and Diaz with how they called the game.  I was pleased but not overwhelmed over all.

Malcolm Brown looks like he is going to be a damn monster, awkward fumble aside.  Fozzy looked a lot faster than last year too, somehow. 

QuoteThe next two weeks are big.  BYU and UCLA (yes I know they lost to Houston but damn it they own Texas)

DEATH TO UCLA

UTSA photos from a couple of places: 

Coming out, Coker trying not to die:

First touchdown ever (first drive):

Soza, QB #8 here, ended up 17/29 for 237 2TD 0INT, 14 carries for 102 1TD.

Valmy

Nice!  Also nice to see how UTSA will have its games on the LHN this season.  CdM can watch them!

Maybe we will change it to the UT network and show all the UTs :P

BTW great way to start.  I presume you are stilll in the Southland Conference for this season?  What do you think your chances are?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 11:09:46 PM
Malcolm Brown looks like he is going to be a damn monster, awkward fumble aside.  Fozzy looked a lot faster than last year too, somehow.

Fozzy sucks if he has to break tackles so using him in those weird plays Harsin likes to run is a good use for him.  Really he is a wonderful utility back.  Brown is the every down workhorse and that fumble was a botched handoff from McCoy the Younger so probably nothing to worry about.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2011, 11:15:35 PM
Nice!  Also nice to see how UTSA will have its games on the LHN this season.  CdM can watch them!

Haha I didn't think about that.  CdM watching UTSA football?  Awesome.  :lol:

QuoteMaybe we will change it to the UT network and show all the UTs :P

Man, this channel would rule.  UT, UTEP, and UTSA with football games showing up on there?  Nothing but good news for the LHN, even if it's just people who are curious to see WTF is going on in the lesser conferences and divisions.  Distributors can't say there are only two football games on there anymore, like DirecTV noted a few days ago.  Mooks.

QuoteBTW great way to start.  I presume you are stilll in the Southland Conference for this season?  What do you think your chances are?

They're 1AA Independent this year.  I think they had to bail from the Southland because they're leaving for the WAC so soon or something .  IIRC, Texas State is now an independent as well.  I guess the Southland was real pissy about it.   

As far as how they'll do, they've sneakily padded their schedule with three more lesser teams (D-II, D-III, and NAIA types), and after this one, I'm fairly confident they'll handle those.  The rest are against regular 1AA squads like Sam Houston State and McNeese, so I dunno.  Their offense is weird.  There's some familiar (for us) spread zone read stuff, but then they'll run out and line up in the pistol, which I don't like for some reason.  Only 10 games this season, so with a couple of Ws over the 1AA teams (and with Ws in the ones they're supposed to be winning), they're looking at 6-4.  Sweet butter.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2011, 08:51:45 PM
Holy shit, watching the ND - USF highlights, was that four turnovers in the red zone?  Only losing by 3 is kind of an accomplishment after that. 

Yeah, three of which were inside the 10 yard line.  Disgusting.