And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 02, 2011, 02:50:26 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2011, 01:04:19 PM
I have also heard that the Pac-XX is not at all interested in "religious" schools like BYU or Baylor.

I've got a lot of pull with them.

:D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Wyoming does some research!

This is getting to be a done deal.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: sbr on September 01, 2011, 09:40:01 PM
If the future of college football is the 4 16 team Superconferences the conference(s) that move the quickest will be in the best shape and Larry Scott has shown he is willing to get out in front of things like this.

I still don't think that 16-team superconferences makes sense.  I suspect that they will be formed in the not-too-distant future, but won't last.  Really, I don't think that anything above 10 members for football makes sense, execpt that conferences want 12 so they can stage a championship game.

sbr

Quote from: dps on September 02, 2011, 05:35:40 PM
If the future of college football is the 4 16 team Superconferences the conference(s) that move the quickest will be in the best shape and Larry Scott has shown he is willing to get out in front of things like this.

I still don't think that 16-team superconferences makes sense.  I suspect that they will be formed in the not-too-distant future, but won't last.  Really, I don't think that anything above 10 members for football makes sense, execpt that conferences want 12 so they can stage a championship game.

I agree.  I have no desire to see any 16 team conferences, but as a fan of the Pac-10 I would rather see them get ahead of it and get good additions rather than be left in the cold, or stuck with Boise, BYU and other dreck.

So I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I hope we are the first to do it.

grumbler

I agree.  Six ten-team conferences with round-robin play and some scheduling reform to induce some difficulty in OOC play is infinitely preferable to 12 eight-team conferences (because that is what the four 16-team conferences would amount to) with the current emphasis on playing patsies OOC.

Div-1A is also too big.  Some of its teams should be relegated to Div-1AA, and the restrictions on 1AA recruiting should be lightened.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2011, 05:39:11 PM

I agree.  I have no desire to see any 16 team conferences, but as a fan of the Pac-10 I would rather see them get ahead of it and get good additions rather than be left in the cold, or stuck with Boise, BYU and other dreck.

So I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I hope we are the first to do it.

Do you agree with the part of my post where I suggest that 16-team conferences won't last?  Because if you do, it sounds like you're saying you want the PAC-10 to be the first to launch a doomed experiment.

grumbler

The day before The Day.  Gotta love it.  :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

TCU-Baylor game

False Start - Everybody but the center! :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

#14 TCU 23, Baylor 27 with 7:00 still left in the motherfucking 2nd quarter.  6 lead changes.  Blow for blow.

Little punky Baylor, the Baylor that even JFK used to goof on, giving #14 in the country every bit of a fight they could want.  Kids going nuts.  Players psyched out of their heads.

This is why college ball will always be better than the pros.

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on September 02, 2011, 07:51:55 PM
The day before The Day.  Gotta love it.  :)

I really don't want to watch Oregon get slapped around by another SEC team. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2011, 08:32:29 PM

Well, guess fucking what.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh hey I just got home.  Nice score.  I see RGIII is still a one man bowl bid.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2011, 08:28:42 PM
the Baylor that even JFK used to goof on

:unsure:  Never heard of this.  What did he say about them?  I know about the Rice thing, but not Baylor.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2011, 08:33:52 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2011, 08:32:29 PM

Well, guess fucking what.

I know.  I will watch and they will get smacked. :weep:

MadBurgerMaker

Oh Valmy, Grande picked up the LHN.  You have that?  Some dudes on the Shag are saying channel 839 is LHN HD now if so.

Edit:  Also, the second football game is Kansas - Texas on 29 Oct.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 02, 2011, 09:00:09 PM
Oh hey I just got home.  Nice score.  I see RGIII is still a one man bowl bid.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2011, 08:28:42 PM
the Baylor that even JFK used to goof on

:unsure:  Never heard of this.  What did he say about them?  I know about the Rice thing, but not Baylor.

Rice, Baylor.  Who cares.  THATS NOT THE POINT MAN