News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

The Team of Destiny is having a nail biter of a game.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOD DAMNIT!

Now I go cry myself to sleep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2012, 11:18:37 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOD DAMNIT!

Now I go cry myself to sleep.

Thank you for saving me the effort of switching to ESPN, and giggling.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 11:22:35 PM

Man it was excrutiating.  Two easy goals bounced off posts.  The penalty kills were nerve wracking as fuck.

Game for the ages I guess.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2012, 08:02:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 02, 2012, 11:22:35 PM
Man it was excrutiating.  Two easy goals bounced off posts.  The penalty kills were nerve wracking as fuck.

Game for the ages I guess.
I was sure it was over when Ovechkin had that puck in the slot.  Second-best players in the world should hit the damn post there.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on May 03, 2012, 08:14:16 AM
I was sure it was over when Ovechkin had that puck in the slot.  Second-best players in the world should hit the damn post there.

Or rather shouldn't hit the damn post.  But I am pretty used to Ovechkin coming up small at times.  He is a great talent but not a champion or a leader.

Valmy

Damn no hockey talk?  All the Canadian clubs get eliminated and nobody cares anymore?

Man it is like the NHL TV ratings.

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2012, 08:38:32 AM
Damn no hockey talk?  All the Canadian clubs get eliminated and nobody cares anymore?

I care, but the stupid Kings keep winning. If they go all the way, I'm going to start a riot.

When the Sharks, Red Wings, Canucks, Penguins are all out, and the Flyers on their way to join them it's hard to be excited about the upcoming cripple fight.

Barrister

I've made no secret of the fact I consider myself a Jets fan, not an NHL fan. -_-

Though supposedly there is going to be an announcement in Phoenix today about a new owner.  We shall see.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

The Coyotes are hot this year. They're definitely my favored cripple to win the West.

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on May 07, 2012, 08:46:27 AM
The Coyotes are hot this year. They're definitely my favored cripple to win the West.

I wouldn't bet against a Darryl Sutter-coached team.

Now a Darryl Sutter -managed team is a whole different story of course...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

It's more like all the clubs I picked in my pool are out :(

I liked the Nashville-Pheonix games, but the last one was über defensive.  Flyers Devils wasn't so bad either, but less exciting.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

The final is going to be full of teams I hate or barely like. Very, very bad year.

I barely like the Kings but gawd I hate Mike Richards & smug face Carter.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2012, 09:18:21 AM
The final is going to be full of teams I hate or barely like. Very, very bad year.

I barely like the Kings but gawd I hate Mike Richards & smug face Carter.
Flyers or New Jersey vs LA Kings.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on May 07, 2012, 08:46:27 AM
Last year, I might have agreed.  However, teams that sign cowardly Canucks deserve to go down in flames.

The Kings are the only hope for justice in the West.  Kings-Rangers would be nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.