News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Wonder Woman flick set pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3518942/Gal-Gadot-wears-sexy-corset-films-Wonder-Woman-scenes-Italy.html

Scroll down for a couple promising battle scene photos. Amazons vs WWI Germans is a pretty fun setting. I hope those horsies are superheroic though, or it will be a pretty short-lived charge.

lustindarkness

I still can't explain to myself how such a skinny woman can perform as Wonder Woman so well. In Bats v Sups it worked perfectly at least.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

In her brief role in Batman V Superman she was awesome.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

http://myentertainmentworld.com/feature-films/page/3/

The Mummy: Rise of the Aztecs (aka The Mummy)
The film follows Navy Seal Tyler Colt and his mission in the Iraqi desert

[insert stock joke about Americans and geography]

dps

Eh, maybe the Sunset Invasion was really successful in that story.

celedhring

After watching Daredevil s2 something possessed me to watch the Elektra movie with Jennifer Gardner. It's not "good" by any means, but manages to be better than the Baffleck Daredevil flick. I know, not a great feat.

The film has a decent setup though. Elektra here is a coolly professional contract killer who gets a mysterious assignment: she has to spend a few days living in a remote island before her targets will be revealed. There she befriends a single father and her troubled daughter, with a bit of "reconnect with other people and rediscover her humanity" plot, before being communicated that those are the targets she's meant to kill.

Of course, this is handled quite cursorily, and the film quickly goes off the rails towards more uninteresting superhero fare. There's ninjas though, ninjas always make things better.

EDIT: I was thinking that I recognized the main bad from somewhere... it's actually his voice. He portrayed the playing character in Sleeping Dogs.

Norgy

Banshee 4/1.

Delightfully violent as usual.

Savonarola

Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2016, 02:22:43 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on April 01, 2016, 10:54:54 AM
Fantastic Four (2015)
I knew you wouldn't disapoint! :P

Glad to see it's as bad as I thought :)

Happy to oblige.

Here's a spoiler review from the Atlantic that gives a blow by blow account; it's a great deal more entertaining than the actual movie.  (A lot of reviews of the movie take pains to point out that The Thing has no penis.  Why can't we just accept The Thing for who he is?  :()

The dark booding tone of the movie is the one thing which I found most wrong.  If there was ever a chance to make a fun, action packed extravaganza of a superhero movie it's The Fantastic Four.  They're far closer in spirit to the science explorers of Star Trek The Original Series than they are to The Dark Knight.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 02, 2016, 08:42:41 AM
I still can't explain to myself how such a skinny woman can perform as Wonder Woman so well. In Bats v Sups it worked perfectly at least.

She does look like a runway model; but given the haute corture dresses she was wearing that was probably necessary.

Personally I think this is a wrong direction for Wonder Woman.  Her character isn't supposed to be about high fashion and ass-kicking; it's supposed to be about bondage and ass-kicking.  If she doesn't get tied up by the Hun at least twice in her upcoming film I'm going to be very, very disappointed.   :mad:

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

Saw this quote on another forum and thought it fit perfectly. :D

QuoteOddly, Batfleck reminds me of Futurama's Nixon.

"Listen here, Missy. Comic book movies may be twice as expensive as they were in 1989, but your average comic book fan is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only thing that's different is me; I've become bitterer, and let's face it, crazier over the years. And once I'm swept into box office gold, I'll brand criminals with the Bat symbol and try to kill Superman with a Kryptonite battlesuit!"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on April 03, 2016, 06:02:21 AM
Personally I think this is a wrong direction for Wonder Woman.  Her character isn't supposed to be about high fashion and ass-kicking; it's supposed to be about bondage and ass-kicking.  If she doesn't get tied up by the Hun at least twice in her upcoming film I'm going to be very, very disappointed.

I for one eagerly await Christopher Nolan's gritty, dark treatment on William Moulton Marston's studies on sorority hazing bondage of the 1940s.  Oh yes.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2016, 11:39:35 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on April 03, 2016, 06:02:21 AM
Personally I think this is a wrong direction for Wonder Woman.  Her character isn't supposed to be about high fashion and ass-kicking; it's supposed to be about bondage and ass-kicking.  If she doesn't get tied up by the Hun at least twice in her upcoming film I'm going to be very, very disappointed.

I for one eagerly await Christopher Nolan's gritty, dark treatment on William Moulton Marston's studies on sorority hazing bondage of the 1940s.  Oh yes.

WW is being directed by the woman that made "Monster". Nolan will instead give you a gritty, dark, treatment of the evacuation of Dunkirk.

CountDeMoney

It better be the evacuation of bondage-hazing sororities from Indiana University at Dunkirk, goddammit.

jimmy olsen

So, Batman V Superman didn't crash quite has hard on the 2nd weekend as initial reports indicated,  but the numbers were still pretty bad. Still, it has passed the 680 mark and looks like it will almost certainly pass the 800 mark that I've seen thrown around as necessary for the studio to break even. Not exactly what they were looking for though, they were hoping for 1.2 billion or more. Maybe they'll finally learn their lesson and make something less relentlessly grim.

'Batman v Superman' Drops Big While Crossing $680 Million Worldwide - Box Office Mojo

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point