Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I have seen 12 of that list, including the entire top 4

It is: my fault.  :(

Brazen

It was the last episode of Night Manager on Sunday. Do yourselves a favour and watch it if you haven't already. Brilliant story and great acting the very best in British talent. And Tom Hiddleston frequently shirtless and/or wet  :goodboy:

garbon

I need to watch it all, I think I only did two eps but yes was taken aback how much effort they put into sexualising him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 29, 2016, 09:12:21 AM
Bat v Sups follow up. Affleck played the best Bats we have seen on the big screen. I was pleasantly surprised with the skinny Wonder Woman.

Oh, and I'm OK with the introduction of "other characters", yes it left me wanting to see more of them, but I guess that is the idea right?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

I had no idea that Tom Hiddleston was supposed to be a sex icon.

Brazen

Quote from: celedhring on March 29, 2016, 09:27:16 AM
Nope. I had no idea either...

Martinus

Yeah, he is quite ugly.

garbon

He's been being positioned as one for a couple years now. Buzzfeed is constantly dropping their panties.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I'm certainly not the most qualified for this, but I don't find him attractive or interesting. He's just ok. But well, what do I know.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2016, 09:42:48 AM

He's been being positioned as one for a couple years now. Buzzfeed is constantly dropping their panties.

I think it's the heterosexual women equivalent of a certain subset of heterosexual men finding obese or unattractive female celebrities hot - sorta lowered expectation fantasy which allegedly makes it more realistic (though that probably raises the chanceof sexual encounter with the celebrity from 0.001% to 0.002% or some such).

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on March 29, 2016, 09:44:19 AM
I'm certainly not the most qualified for this, but I don't find him attractive or interesting. He's just ok. But well, what do I know.

Me neither. While I can see some appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch (though he is quite clearly not a "classicly handsome" man), Tom Hiddleston is just completely meh.

garbon

I find him attractive. Not in like my top set for celebs but still like quirky hot.

On the flipside I don't understand Cumberbatch love at all. He looks rather alienish to me.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2016, 09:46:55 AMquirky hot

I guess that's his thing, I have a (very quirky) female friend who is head over heels about him.

Brazen

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2016, 09:46:55 AM
I find him attractive. Not in like my top set for celebs but still like quirky hot.

On the flipside I don't understand Cumberbatch love at all. He looks rather alienish to me.
Or otterish.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2016, 09:46:55 AM

So, not a Cumberbitch?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius