News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: viper37 on March 15, 2016, 03:18:06 PM
Well, he could pass the torch to someone not his son.  Maybe he has a daughter too, with that girl from #2.  Or someone entirely not related.

They could bring back Short Round.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 02:39:09 PM
The earlier rumours had the series being re-booted with a new lead actor, but that seems to be off with this announcement.  But then how do you "pass the torch" to someone new like garbon suggests?
Well, he could pass the torch to someone not his son.  Maybe he has a daughter too, with that girl from #2.  Or someone entirely not related.
Or they recast him as his dad and we see a new Indiana Jones.

Any one of these ideas are equally bad, so they could work :P

Yeah, I would have thought the re-cast Indy, give Harrison Ford a minor role (being Indy's dad would be perfect) and have at it.  But the story specifically says that Harrison Ford will play the role of Indy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

Trainspotting: much more "magical realist" than I noticed in past viewings (and much more anti-drug propaganda than I recalled, though nowhere close to Requiem For A Dream's "this is your brain on drugs" frying pan of a film).

Citizen Kane: a lot of people don't get why film critics consider this possibly the greatest film of all time, and the first time I watched it I thought it was "OK" but nothing special; having learned about film history and the techniques of filmmaking, I understand now.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Savonarola on March 15, 2016, 03:27:07 PM

They could bring back Short Round.

I actually think that would be pretty cool.  :Embarrass:

They may have to recast the actor though.

Barrister

Mere suggestion from Ars Technica that the story could be done in flashbacks - Ford plays Old Indy, reminiscing about his adventures during the 1930s, now played by a new actor.  :hmm:

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/03/disney-announces-new-indiana-jones-movie-with-harrison-ford/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 04:28:38 PM
Mere suggestion from Ars Technica that the story could be done in flashbacks - Ford plays Old Indy, reminiscing about his adventures during the 1930s, now played by a new actor.  :hmm:

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/03/disney-announces-new-indiana-jones-movie-with-harrison-ford/

Taking a page from Young Indiana Jones, I guess. Still think it would be too dissonant if they went with this.

I think it's gonna be a reversal of The Last Crusade, with Indy getting a younger sidekick that does the stunts and heavy lifting.

Habbaku

That would probably be for the best.  I'd be interested in watching, for instance.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Ford should play a completely CGI young Jones.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

dps

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 02:39:09 PM
I wonder what they're going to do with Crystal Skull?  It introduced a lot - gave Indy a son, Indy gets married, timeline advances into the 1950s...

I'm going to assume LaBeef has nothing to do with it, since his star-power is almost non-existent these days.

Was it ever existent?

QuoteThe earlier rumours had the series being re-booted with a new lead actor, but that seems to be off with this announcement.  But then how do you "pass the torch" to someone new like garbon suggests?

He's a professor.  Professors have students.  Problem solved.

Actually, they could have him on an adventure with 4 or 5 students, and whichever one of those the audience responds best to could be the lead in future films, with Ford doing cameos as Indy to give advice.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on March 15, 2016, 11:23:25 PM
Actually, they could have him on an adventure with 4 or 5 students, and whichever one of those the audience responds best to could be the lead in future films, with Ford doing cameos as Indy to give advice.

Hollywood would pick the chick. :bleeding:

Eddie Teach

Passion (2012)- I think this was in my Netflix queue because I read Rachel McAdams had a lesbian scene- not really worth it on that account, just a little kissing. It was one of those murder thrillers filled with familiar twists and turns. Watchable but forgettable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2016, 03:18:29 AM
I read Rachel McAdams had a lesbian scene- not really worth it on that account, just a little kissing.

Pffft, weak.

Josquius

Could do. The 30s feel is a big part of the series.

Or they could always have 1950s indie time travel to the 30s, meeting his younger self and altering the time line :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2016, 11:33:02 PM
Quote from: dps on March 15, 2016, 11:23:25 PM

Hollywood would pick the chick. :bleeding:

They could bring back Kate Capshaw!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius